Anyone have experience with Jandy Equipment?

bnd063011

Mar 10, 2022
Naples FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I am in the process of finalizing the pool design with the PB. They’re offering Jandy equipment. I hear a lot of talk that pentair is the leading brand in the industry. My PB is a big company and do a lot of pools. They said they have trouble finding pentair equipment to complete projects so they switched to Jandy because it was the next best company in the pool game. Does anyone have any experience with Jandy and can offer any advice?

15x33 pool, 7x15 sunshelf, 5x7 spa

Attachments

• 8197E9A5-F7E8-4605-A91D-485875ECBA64.jpeg
    8197E9A5-F7E8-4605-A91D-485875ECBA64.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 12
Ok, well basically Pentair and Jandy are equivalent. BUT.... for warranty purposes
Jandy has an annoying issue:

Jandy pool equipment is sold exclusively through a nationwide network of qualified pool professionals with the expertise and ability to help pool owners make the best equipment decisions for their individual pool needs. Therefore, we do not provide a Manufacturer’s Warranty on Jandy equipment purchased online through any internet retailer.

So that can be a pain when knowledgeable folks want to do their own stuff.

If possible I'd personally go with Pentair. If you don't mind the above issue, go ahead with Jandy. One important element is that you want all your equipment to talk to each other if you're planning automation. Or adding something into the equipment pad later on.

IF you choose to go with Pentair, folks here have been known to shop online for better pricing and let their pool builders install it. Worth looking into if your builder can't get it easily.

For your valves you DO want Jandy Valves no matter what brand of equipment you get- best around and they can be serviced. Cheap red ball valves break down over time.

Maddie 🇺🇦

Last edited:
Reactions: FlapjackMcCoy
53126_0_2018125112731.jpg

Jandy pool valves are top notch

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.