Anybody use this salt?

Woody, after the initial spring dose, which allows me some time to shop around, I just buy the first bag i see in front of me that's labelled 100% pure, when I need more. I can't be bothered to drive across town to another store that has the bag $2 cheaper when I'm already at HD/Walmart picking something else up. Heck, the fancy stuff at the pool store is only $9 for 40 lbs.

Reactions: woodyp
And when the pool salt runs low everywhere, hit up the plumbing aisle at HD/Lowes/Etc. They'll have water softener salt next to the hot water heaters. The bigger crystals take an extra half hour to dissolve and that's the only difference. The same rules apply that the bag needs to state 100% and/or pure, even if you bought it last time.

The "fancy stuff" at the pool store (Leslies) is now $11.99 btw.
My car gets 12 MPG and I'll burn the difference in gas heading out to WalMart if I'm already at the pool store buying this years flamingo thermometer. Plus, when I get to WalMart, I have to lug it across the store only to find out that 26 of the 28 registers are closed and there's a dozen people on each of the 2 that are open. :ROFLMAO:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Woody,

Get this -

Great price per bag considering you can use it for your pool AND your margaritas …

• Haha
Reactions: mknauss and woodyp
That's a great price for Diamond Crystal Solar Naturals if Tractor Supply has it in stock.

Last year, it was ~$5 at Home Depot. Now, it's almost $10. (But government propaganda insists annual inflation is 6.4%.)

Best price for DCSN in my area is Ace Hardware.

Not available at a Tractor Supply within in 20 miles of me of course! I'll wait to see if the store across town gets any. I got some last year jugs to burn anyhow.

Sam's Club has 40# or 44# bags (varies by location) of Morten's solar salt (blue bag) for under $6.50/bag in Arizona.

Any chance there's a Purina Feed store near you? They are an approved distributor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.