Any Way to Successfully Patch/Cover PVC Coupler Leak?

nobbyv

Jun 29, 2010
I used 2" flex PVC for both the returns/suction side of the AquaGenie skimmers I used in my own pool. On the return side, I had a leak and ended up needing to cut out a short run of 2" rigid PVC pipe that went directly into the coupler collar on the bottom of the AquaGenie. So I spent two hours using various screwdrivers and an oscillating multi-tool to remove the rigid PVC from inside this collar piece by piece. Unfortunately, at one point I went too far with the oscillating tool and went right through the collar. So there's a ~1mm cut through most of the height of the 1" collar. I thought if I could get a new piece of rigid PVC pipe in there with a heavy hit of PVC cement, I'd be OK, but I've got a leak from there. I tried working some glue into the cut, and then put a hose clamp over it and cinched it down, but I'm still losing a fair amount of water.

Any suggestions to seal this up, or do I need to replace the AquaGenie completely? To be clear, this is new construction, and there's no concrete deck poured yet. I excavated the backfill around it so have access.

Any suggestions to seal this up, or do I need to replace the AquaGenie completely? To be clear, this is new construction, and there's no concrete deck poured yet. I excavated the backfill around it so have access.
Replace the Aquagenie and move on.

You don't want a patch to start leaking sometime in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.