Any need to add abalone shells to prism matrix?

I would LOVE to see some pics of yours. So, do they just have a bunch of different bags of all kinds of pebbles, shells, glass and then just mix them up?? How does that process work? And I wonder if they have a set amount of each bag. Do you happen to know how many bags of shells they used for yours? If there's enough sparkle, I don't want to overdo it! Is that even possible to overdo the beauty of those sparkly shells??

You know, I was trying to watch the guy who was doing the mixing, but I kept going back and forth between him and they guys setting up for the re-plaster. It seemed like none of it was pre-mixed, so maybe the exact mix depends on who's doing the mixing....but I'm assuming there's some formula/ratio they go by. I was scoping out the truck when they first pulled up, and it's weird because nothing says "Prism Matrix" on it (at least not that I saw). There were bags of Pearl Matrix and Satin Matrix, as well as some bags I couldn't make out the labels on. I wish I had a better answer for you...

The only reason I assume there's a standard ratio in the mix is that the actual mixing machine wasn't very big and he mixed up several batches as they were going, and the output was very consistent all the way though. So that's just an assumption on my part. Maybe someone from Wet Edge or the plastering company you're using could give you some hard numbers. I hope you end up with the perfect amount of bling that you want!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.