Any inexpensive competition for Intex SWG?

My Intex SWGs seem to have decided 3+ years is about their lifespan, and given up working. When I bought them back then there was nothing even close price-wise in competition. Is that still the case? Or does anyone else make a relatively inexpensive SWG now? Because of my pool size, I buy 2 of them plumbed in parallel, so I'm looking for a 30k gallon SWG for around $400, or 15k gallon for $200 like the Intex SWG is. I don't really need all the bells and whistles that the more advanced models usually come with, all I need it to do is make chlorine every day.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

Seems like CircuPool is a popular choice for some around here. They have a simple SJ series which is more affordable, and their 'bells and whistles' RJ models are the premium units. The drawbacks to the SJ series are they require a higher level of saltwater in the pool (4500 ppm for the SJ, 3500 ppm for the RJ), they only have a few output settings, 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%, and installation isn't 'universally compatible' with the more popular SWGs. The RJ cells have the same form factor as Hayward SWGs, allowing a very simple installation plumbing-wise.

Prices are higher than what you mentioned, but I still wasn't finding a better deal at the time. I've got a 14k gallon pool, and wound up with a SJ-40 for $630 shipped. Easily fulfills my chlorine production needs.

What is typical life span of the salt cell on Circupool? Talking to a couple of people they replace theirs every 2 to 3 years in Florida for swg (not sure what brand and hence the saying you break even on chlorine cost). In this forum I hear up to 7+ years however I have not seen a nominal typical cases. I have two intex in my setup (so far 2+ years) however I would not recommend this configuration to anyone unless they like to tinker. Circupool is something I would consider next. However I see ebay prices for Intex Units under classification on "not working/partsonly " for between $30 and $70 as possible replacement supplies. I am guessing I will have failure in year 3+

Like this is available today:

Capture.jpg

Intex sells just the replacement cells if you call their support line. I paid $79 the last time I bought one. Just be prepared to deal with someone who is not a native English speaker.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.