Sophrita

Jul 19, 2023
Haysville, Kansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I discovered a crack in the 1 1/4” outlet hose. It was letting air into the line so I had to turn off the pump.

Our local stores are out of this, and to order online is at least 2 days. I’m at the end of a SLAM so I hate to have my pump off so long.

Any ideas on where I can get a hose that will work? Or even to plug half of the t-valve?

Picture of hose attached

Attachments

• IMG_0561.jpeg
    IMG_0561.jpeg
    513.8 KB · Views: 14
Never a good time for a leak. What about placing an Intex plug at the suction port from inside? If you don't have these "hat" plugs, perhaps something else at home will work?

full

You can attempt some gorilla tape until you get the hose in.
Order 2 - so you’ll have a spare! It’s only a matter of time with those hoses.
Even if you can plug off that 1/2 of the valve you’ll need to plug the return as well or the water will still drain from the pool.
Perhaps you can find some of these - they come in various sizes. You’ll need one for the return & one for the tee. They’re pretty commonly available at hardware stores & pool stores.
IMG_7342.png

Reactions: CT-Steven
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.