mommahocker

Apr 8, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
First post of the season... but I'm here every day learning/lurking.I'm mid-opening and this will be my 3rd yr using the TFP method. I never seem to start out right, but get a clean, clear pool in the end.
Today, in one of my sweeping sessions(3rd of the day), I noticed these clumps of muck floating around. They weren't there in my earlier sweeps/brushs. And I've actually never encountered these?? I'm guessing it's some kinda algae bloom?? But my pool is loaded with chlorine.
Here's what I've done from the get-go of cover removal last Saturday:

1. Scooped as much gunk as possible off the cover, tried to have family help remove it, WW3 commenced. Remainder of muck dumped in, but not as much as last year when the SAME thing happened. (Just NOT covering it EVER again, plain and simple)
2. Got all the pump/hose/filter in proper working order. New Filter this year, but using old filter to work out most of the gunk, first.
3. Added a gal of Chlorine and started filling up the water, bc I don't know who let me manage this pool, but I drained it down TOO far below the output last fall.
4. Pool filled and pump turned on Sunday afternoon. Added 2 more gal Ch. *STILL* no testing bc I can't follow directions.
5. Monday, lots of brushing/scooping the tiny bits from the middle. Added 1 gal Ch.
6. Today *FINALLY* tested CYA, No Surprise it's ZERO. Store has no stabilizer. Amazon will deliver it tomorrow. Go to change out the filter and notice the floaters this afternoon.

If you are reading this far, you are the real MVP. That was alot of detail up front just to ask "what is this??"

Attachments

• IMG_0683.jpg
    IMG_0683.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 32
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.