Any discounts found for Bullfrog Simplicity filters?

Davekro

Bronze Supporter
Feb 10, 2024
Discovery Bay, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just got my Bullfrog A6L Select tub filled and balanced last week. Tons of tiny gnats are draw to the water. I scoop them out with a net frequently. But when I noticed the first signs of foam on the surface when the jets ran, I figured it was time to rinse out the flat Simplicity filter. Boy was I amazed at the number of black gnats in the filter. I wonder what the PH of a few hundred gnats is? ;o)

Anyway, I'm looking to buy my first pack of spare/replacement Simplicity filters . Every source I see on Google sells them for $79.99 for a 4 pack. I found a place that sells the 4-pak for $78.50, but that was it. These filters have been used on the M Series and Swim Series for a few years, but new for the A Series for 2023. I guess that is a small market for 3rd party companies to make compatible flat filters for. As of now, Amazon does not sell these at all. I guess $20/ filter is what needs to be paid, but I thought I'd ask if a discount has been found.
Thanks, Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my Bullfrog A6L Select tub filled and balanced last week. Tons of tiny gnats are draw to the water. I scoop them out with a net frequently. But when I noticed the first signs of foam on the surface when the jets ran, I figured it was time to rinse out the flat Simplicity filter. Boy was I amazed at the number of black gnats in the filter. I wonder what the PH of a few hundred gnats is? ;o)

Anyway, I'm looking to buy my first pack of spare/replacement Simplicity filters . Every source I see on Google sells them for $79.99 for a 4 pack. I found a place that sells the 4-pak for $78.50, but that was it. These filters have been used on the M Series and Swim Series for a few years, but new for the A Series for 2023. I guess that is a small market for 3rd party companies to make compatible flat filters for. As of now, Amazon does not sell these at all. I guess $20/ filter is what needs to be paid, but I thought I'd ask if a discount has been found.
Thanks, Dave
The filters can be cleaned repeatedly for a long time. Some newer folks don’t realize that and think they have to buy new filters, but I thought I’d mention that just in case here. Filter should last several years.

My tub only has 1 filter so I bought a spare for quick swapping but if you take care of your filters they should last years.
My original is 5+ years old & still works fine.
The only thing I use to clean my filter is an Ahhsome purge (it goes in the tub when purging) - in between purges it just gets rinsed.

I guess I have an old style A series, since I have the round filters.

I have two sets, and I swap them out halfway through the time between water changes. I soak them in a solution of water and OxyClean for 24 hours.

Reactions: Mdragger88
@Bperry ,
Your tub most likely has round filter(s). The Bullfrog A Series starting in 2023 uses the Flat Simplicity Filter (10.5" x 8.85" x 1.125" thick) made by Bullfrog. The M Series and Swim Series spas have used these flat Simplicity Filters for a few years now IIRC. These are more fragile than a round filter because hey do not have a frame, say like flat Fram automotive filters. The Bullfrog dealers call them disposable (so they can sell more of them). I intend to rinse and reuse as many time as the filter remains in tack with careful handling.

@Mdragger88 ,
I plan to do just as you do. Have extra filters on hand, so I can swap a cleaned one in whenever I need to, and clean the dirty one at my leisure.

Reactions: Mdragger88
@Bperry ,
Your tub most likely has round filter(s). The Bullfrog A Series starting in 2023 uses the Flat Simplicity Filter (10.5" x 8.85" x 1.125" thick) made by Bullfrog. The M Series and Swim Series spas have used these flat Simplicity Filters for a few years now IIRC. These are more fragile than a round filter because hey do not have a frame, say like flat Fram automotive filters. The Bullfrog dealers call them disposable (so they can sell more of them). I intend to rinse and reuse as many time as the filter remains in tack with careful handling.

@Mdragger88 ,
I plan to do just as you do. Have extra filters on hand, so I can swap a cleaned one in whenever I need to, and clean the dirty one at my leisure.
For clarity, I don’t have a tub, but yea those look a bit more fragile.

I guess I have an old style A series, since I have the round filters.

I have two sets, and I swap them out halfway through the time between water changes. I soak them in a solution of water and OxyClean for 24 hours.
@phonedave ,
What year is your A6? Do you have the EOS system or the Wellspring regular Ozone generator?
Do you have either a NeckBlaster or NeckMasseuse JetPak? If so, does your 2013-2022 have a NeckBlaster or a NeckMasseuse JetPak that has water come horizontally out of the front of the shoulder extensions? If you have time, please see my thread where I describe and show pictures of my problemed NeckPlus JetPak

Bad Bullfrog NeckPLUS JetPak- Help

Thanks,
Dave (also ;o)

@phonedave ,
What year is your A6? Do you have the EOS system or the Wellspring regular Ozone generator?
Do you have either a NeckBlaster or NeckMasseuse JetPak? If so, does your 2013-2022 have a NeckBlaster or a NeckMasseuse JetPak that has water come horizontally out of the front of the shoulder extensions? If you have time, please see my thread where I describe and show pictures of my problemed NeckPlus JetPak

Bad Bullfrog NeckPLUS JetPak- Help

Thanks,
Dave (also ;o)

My A6 is a 2021 (I think). I bought it just as my dealer re-opened post Covid, and then it took months to get it build and delivered, so who know what year that was.

I have an EOS system, but I did not add a circulation pump, so my Ozone only runs during the scheduled filtration cycles

I have a NeckBlaster in one of the seats, but the water on the shoulder extensions comes out vertically (downwards) onto the tops of your shoulders (or it should if you are not 6'4" like me and have to scooch down to fit under it, even in the deep seats)

I'll take a look at your other thread.

I have a NeckBlaster in one of the seats, but the water on the shoulder extensions comes out vertically (downwards) onto the tops of your shoulders (or it should if you are not 6'4" like me and have to scooch down to fit under it, even in the deep seats)
Hey, all you need to do is create a PVC adaptor that can plug in where a JetPak plugs in, then buy a new plastic clip, epoxy it to the tub above the OEM clip and you are good to go. Easy Peasy. ;) I was saying that tongue in cheek, but thinking about it, if I was too tall to fit under the shoulder extension of the NeckBlaster, I'd at least check if a male /female adaptor extension could easily be created from PVS pipe or couplings. If yes, I'd make that $4 investment and see what I could do to hold the JetPak down onto the adaptor, stabilize the back of the J'Pak against the shell with something supported it so the J'Pak did not wiggle, twist around, or put stress on the OEM mounting clip. Maybe the best it could turn out as is a wobbly jury-rigged experiment. Then maybe it worked out as something actually usable. It would not only stick up taller than the bottom of the cover, but it would be angled away from the shell (unless you committed to cutting off the stock clip on the shell, which I would not want to do) so need to be removed when done. A lot of messing around to actually use, but might be a fun experiment, even if it did not fit a something not desired for the hassle or cookie look it could bring to an otherwise elegant hot tub. YMMV
:laughblue:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.