Any concern for freezing pipes ?

gdog2004

Jul 19, 2011
Lehigh Valley, PA
I am in PA and it has been under 30 degrees the last few nights but tonight it is only going to be 47 and it was 70 degrees today. The water is 48 degrees. I drained the pool below the returns and plan on blowing out lines tomorrow. Tonight is the first night where I will not be running the pump. (because I cant anymore). Should I be concerned with anything at this point freezing wise (I doubt it...but ...sanity check :) ) ?

Should I be concerned with anything at this point freezing wise
👇
The water is 48 degrees
:cool:

Now. There is always more to the story but have no worries for a few days. The pool is plenty warm but the above ground pipes would cool much faster. Yay. They’re empty. Even if they were full, it would need several days at freezing to expand enough to cause damage. Or a 15 degree night.

Keep in mind too, that the water in your pipes is at pool level, several inches below ground level now. That will buy you even more time as the ground won’t be freezing anytime soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.