Any Boston-area pool owners able to help us? (happy to pay a fee)

dfmk

Gold Supporter
Jun 1, 2017
Boston, MA
Calling all Boston-area pool owners.

Backstory: I signed up for the forum several years ago because I was trying to find a creative solution for teaching our now 9 year-old daughter to swim. The issue with her is that she is immunocompromised, and public pools are not an option for her. With the help from this amazing community I've been able to install all the necessary purification equipment in a friend's pool (doctors recommend that to make the pool truly safe for her, it needs a UV lamp installed in addition to the regular filters and chemistry), but we only have access to it several time per summer, which has proven to be insufficient for our daughter to make real progress with her swimming. So I am thinking:

If there are people around us who, for example, go away for a week or two on vacation and don't mind us using their pool for an hour or two every day while they are away -- we'd be happy to pay for such arrangement. It seems that daily swimming would provide her with the consistency she needs to get over a hump and get comfortable with water. I understand that liability issues may be a concern for an arrangement like this, but we'd obviously be happy to sign whatever waivers you'd ask for in order to be comfortable.

Yes, I know about swimply and other sites that offer by-the-hour pool rentals, but that business model effectively means that those pools are public, thus defeating the point.

I know -- a long shot, but I thought I'd post it here just in case.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.