Any advice on a good (but fairly portable) power sprayer for concrete pool deck?

anthonypool89

Gold Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Berks County, PA
Our deck gets stained from having the Meyco cover on it during the off season - you can clearly see all the darker areas that are always under the cover. I rented one from the local hardware store a few years ago and it did a great job on the pool deck and walkway pavers - don't recall the brand - but that thing was heavy. I'm considering just buying one for the convenience of having it but want something fairly easy to carry around. Lightweight yet does the job. I see a company called Worx makes one that basically looks like a glorified hose / spray nozzle - so not sure something like that would be sufficient. I need something that can remove the stains and moss. Let me know of any suggestions. Biggest issue is how much psi should I be looking for? I'm thinking at least 2000?

Last edited:
At home depot you can purchase a Ryobi power washer. It is very portable - around $100. All electric - has long power cord and also a long hose. It is 1600psi. There are a couple of models with higher pressure and $$$. I bought mine on sale and use it for my porch, walkway, etc. Works sufficiently for my needs. You can even buy an adapter that covers a 15inch area ($25).

I do like the idea of electric since it's lighter (but generally speaking not as powerful). Not sure 1600 would be enough to get the stains off the pool deck or not. I'll call the hardware store and see what they have - just to try and determine what I rented - cause I know that one did the job.

It sounds like you have some stubborn stains. You know the drill with machines. If its big enough to do the job, it probably won't be small or easy to maneuver. The little/medium ones are great to clean a deck but usually not so great at stripping one. If you can find the one the same size/rating that worked last time, save the trouble of returning one that might not.

So, uh, I mean, I have to ask about that big fat elephant in the corner......... you gonna use chlorine to help ? :laughblue:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Back in the day my hubby had to have the biggest 😄😄 ours is 3800 PSI and a brute. It does a fabulous job On concrete. A couple of years I bought one of those round surface cleaner attachments and was by far the best decision I ever made. It makes the job so much easier and faster. I used to dread washing around the pool because you could see it clouding up as you went. It is not an issue at all with the surface cleaner. I wouldn’t dream of washing concrete any other way now. I have never used any kind of cleaner on our concrete.

My brother owns a pressure washing business. He says that too many people rely on blasting the dirt off with high pressure water. Instead, you should depend on the chemicals you apply to clean off the dirt. The pressure washer is for rinsing away the chemicals that were sprayed on the concrete. Apply a concrete cleaner, wait for it to work and then rinse off. Year after year of using just high pressure water to clean can damage the surface. After you get the concrete surface clean, you could consider applying a sealer to help prevent new dirt staining the concrete. My preference is a penetrating sealer.

Seriously? A concrete deck? Interesting. I'll have to check and try to find out what psi I used with the rental. Thanks...

Concrete deck would be fine. I got a Generac 3200 psi unit and use a surface cleaner attachment on the concrete and it does great. The important thing is, if your pressure washer is 1600, 2000, or 3000 psi, you want to make sure that the surface cleaner you get for it is rated/advertised to work at that psi.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.