Ants in my Timer and Breaker Box

Chappie

Apr 25, 2016
Lafayette, LA
The breaker box that powers my timer has a few ants in it. The timer box was crusted with electrocuted ants. I came home from a five day work trip to find my pump not working, and this is clearly the problem.

I took the timer apart and cleaned the ants out, but this didn't help. I tried a different timer and it didn't work either. I took the top panel off my breaker box and tested the voltage coming off of the wires there. There are two red wires that go to the timer box. Initially, one gave me good voltage, and the other gave me nothing, but now the one that had worked is giving me intermittent voltage at best.

I've already called the exterminator. Is there anything left to do but call an electrician?

Had the same thing happen to a groundwater pump we had at an old hunting lease. Happened more than once and had to have the electrician out each time. Even with the exterminator coming, I'd regularly add ant killer around the area of your pool equipment in the future. Those things will wreak havoc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.