Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
Hello TFP,

Long time lurker, first time poster.
My pool has an Anthony light in it. Built in 1993. The light cycles on and off- every few minutes or so. I pulled the assembly out of the niche just to see the condition. No sign of water in the housing. Transformer tested fine for voltage (12v bulb). So appears this is a bulb issue.

Is this housing beyond safe usability? If not, will any LED retrofit bulbs work in this Anthony fixture?

Local pool guy suggested Spa Electrics retrofit light. Not much out there about them which worries me. Thoughts?

Thank you!

IMG_0421.jpegIMG_0424.jpegIMG_0422.jpg

Welcome to TFP.

If the light powered by a GFCI Circuit Breaker?

You cannot assess the safety of the light from the outside. How it looks on the inside is more important.

The lens looks like a Pentair Amerlite that Anthony may have relabeled at the time.

Maybe @1poolman1 has seen this.

Welcome to TFP.

If the light powered by a GFCI Circuit Breaker?

You cannot assess the safety of the light from the outside. How it looks on the inside is more important.

The lens looks like a Pentair Amerlite that Anthony may have relabeled at the time.

Maybe @1poolman1 has seen this.

For years Anthony had lights made by SwimQuip (Sta-Rite/Pentair). The SwimQuip light was held together the same as that Anthony. Haven't seen one in at least 25 years. They are smaller in diameter than a "standard" pool light. SwimQuip lights can be found but are very rare and expensive.

An adapter ring like this may allow for a "standard" (Amerilite) light to be installed. It is the Aladdin 500B adapter that was designed for the SwimQuip niche. Apparently no longer made but found here (never dealt with the company):

It is smaller that the 500 (chrome/brass) or the 500P (plastic). When used, the set screws have to be bent inward for the light to fit.

Thank you all for the suggestions!
Long story short, I ended up trying another route. I ordered a new gasket and bulb- ordered several LED replacement options- the Amerilight and Astrolight bulb fit perfect. So now have a functioning light again, and better than ever with LED :)
Hope someone down the road can find benefit to this and give there Anthony light a second chance.

Reactions: 1poolman1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.