Cisco1906

Silver Supporter
Jul 15, 2023
Randolph, MA
Hi TFP. New pool owner and as the universe would have it my pool came with an Anthony Apollo VA-26 filter and push/pull valve. To my understanding the Anthony Apollo VA lineup consists of filters built to last a lifetime but not as efficient as new DE filters. Given my budgetary constraints a new filter is not an option so I’m trying to learn as much as i can about this filter and how to use it (I’ll post something shortly on my experience). I have a question re: the hose bib (item 1 on the attached photo). Searched TFP ano to my understanding this bib can be used to reduce pool water level (and hose people in the pool :)) while bypassing the filter. Am i correct? Any other uses for it?

Attachments

• IMG_0196.jpeg
    IMG_0196.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 3
Hi TFP. New pool owner and as the universe would have it my pool came with an Anthony Apollo VA-26 filter and push/pull valve. To my understanding the Anthony Apollo VA lineup consists of filters built to last a lifetime but not as efficient as new DE filters. Given my budgetary constraints a new filter is not an option so I’m trying to learn as much as i can about this filter and how to use it (I’ll post something shortly on my experience). I have a question re: the hose bib (item 1 on the attached photo). Searched TFP ano to my understanding this bib can be used to reduce pool water level (and hose people in the pool :)) while bypassing the filter. Am i correct? Any other uses for it?
Water your plants, spray the cat, hose the deck. Anthony filters are as good as any as long as you can get parts.

Reactions: Newdude
+1. You're adding the same DE to either filter and the media is what does the filtering.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.