Another Texas Pool Build

We have shifted into high gear, got a call that there is an opening for plaster tomorrow so our plaster date was moved to tomorrow, now I don't feel ready, no idea what I thought I needed to get ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So funny! I always feel the same way. When I get excited, I feel like I must be doing something to get ready! Just get lots of cold drinks for the crews. And some "tastier" ones for the spectators! Can't wait to see tomorrow's photos! Suz.

So beautiful even without water - especially without the swamp water! I can't wait to see it with clean water.

The lighting outside in these photos really shows off the reflection of the tile on the spa spillway. Such a gorgeous tile! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow's plaster! Have a good evening. Suz.

Plaster in progress.

442e9008978ea6f132b9fd46122775ef.jpg

d6658176ade7b7bc8038869071182d5e.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool Works did the plaster. Ran home at lunch, crew was gone and plaster installed, assume next step is acid wash, going to call the builder in awhile to double check that. Looks pretty good, a little darker than we were expecting but I'm going to hold off saying anything till water is in and we get a better idea what it will really look like.

Filling has begun. My wife said as soon as it started to fill the rains came down, they've stopped now but I'm hoping it just means a little free water. I'm still a little worried about the color but it is done now so whatever it looks like we'll all be swimming in a few weeks so that is what we wanted when we started this project.

Oh, no doubt in my mind! The finish is stunning with your gorgeous tile! And look at that coping and ledger stone against that blue! Fabulous!!! I also love your step tiles or toe tiles on that finish - lovely accents.

Your water is going to be amazing! Don't forget, you have to let all the water chemistry level out to see the true color of the water. So many times the water looks more green right after the pool is filled.

How are you guys going to sleep tonight??? I think I'll be sitting out by our pool all night when it's filling! Well, I'll at least shove my bed over to the windows and sleep facing the pool! This is so fun!!! Take care. Suz.

Filling continues. Last night I tested the fill water here are the results.

FC: 1
CC: 1 (A little disturbing if true, I have my water softener bypassing right now and have tested the water before with the water softener and do not recall any chlorine to speak of free or combined)
CH: 125
TA: 100
PH: 7.8 (I find this test difficult, not sure if my eyes are geared toward determining shades of color)
CYA: Not tested

I would have included some photos but still too dark this morning before I left, water was over the first step. I've calculated that it is filling at about 7gpm so at that rate and assuming volume estimate is close enough to correct, pool will be filled around 10am Saturday. I am going to look at adding another hose but to be honest I don't think that changes anything in the big picture, there is no point being full at 2 or 3 in the morning if the builder isn't going to come do whatever it is he is going to do to the water till tomorrow anyway.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.