Another swamp, is it worth it? Drain or gain?

Just wondering, can it go from bad to worse??? LOL
Water for me is still very cloudy. I think I may have found it though.
Really sux, mole trails under the bottom. I noticed when blind vacuuming that I kept getting hung up
in certain spots, today pool was clear enough for me to make out black spots on the bottom, some of them 3 or 4 feet
long...I'm thinking what the ****?
Figured it was leaf stains, cause I sure didn't know. Nope, mole trails one is actually about 10 feet long and I have 4 others
that are around 6 feet long, you guessed it the black spots I was seeing was about 1 1/2 inch slimy mucky algae in those mole
trails. I let the FC get down to 8, dove in the nice 72 degree water and vacuumed them out. FC now back up to 14 will see what
happens over night, first one thing and now another.
I hope my liner survives this onslaught, the biggest trail I would say is easily 2 inches deep.

Only did 2 chems, will do the others again tomorrow.
FC 5
CC 0

It took longer than expected, IMO, that was my fault too, I think it was because of the sludge filled
mole trails....
24 gallons of bleach to slam!!!! That's a lot for this small pool!!!
Thanks for you all helping me! Words can't express it.

poolclean.jpg

Looks cleaner than last year, and I have a lot more to learn.
Yes, the white you see on bottom is THE liner, not crude!

Morning readings

pH 7.5
TC 5.0
FC 4.5
CC 0.5
CH 150
TA 240
CYA 25

Added 3 lbs CYA while slamming, just added another 1 lb, looks like I'm on my way! Putting the CYA in front of my return jet did leach the color out of my liner about 4- 6 feet past the jet about a 6 foot swath, will this be a problem? Or is it only discoloring the liner? I put the CYA in my skimmer basket today...

OK, I'm tired of slamming, not really, but I'm getting frustrated........ I am back flushing about every 10-12 hours, going by recommendations of 20 lb increase, it is actually normal at 26lbs and I'm back flushing when it gets close to 40lbs. ...........

On a chance that you read this I hope you re-read the recommendations. It's not 20 lbs. It's a 20% increase in "clean" PSI.
If normal is still 26 lbs. then 26 x 1.2 = 31 lbs that you should be backwashing.

Just an FYI for future reference.

BTW- congrats on beating the swamp!!

Thanks Daltex,
And no I didn't catch that....I'm pretty much a simpleton, I am dyslexic when it comes to numbers, I see them in one column, but place them in another.....can't explain it but when I was about 5 years old doctors told my parents it was because I was left handed.;)

On another note, I don't think any of my gauge readings were accurate then. I remember when I first hooked that filter up that it read somewhere between 8 - 12 lbs, but last year it started reading 20 lbs, this year it was pretty well stuck at 26 or 40 lbs, dummy me didn't realize that! Every time it was at 40, I would tap on the side of the gauge and it dropped back down to 15. I don't know if there was sand in the gauge or what. I couldn't find any obstructions in the filter, so summed up it was the gauge. Since have replaced with glycerin filled gauge and I can't believe how much better it is. Consistent reading now anyway, I hate to think how many times we back flushed when it really didn't need it!

But we sure as heck are enjoying our water, clearest....cleanest...crystal water I've ever seen in a pool here. I owe it all to these fine people here at this forum...THANKS AGAIN!

Morning readings today.
pH 7.5
FC 5
CC 0.5 or less
CH 175
TA 120
CYA 40

Water temp 86 degrees!

This was all brought back under control with NOTHING but bleach and muratic acid....and a lot of elbow - shoulder grease!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.