Another Pool Build in Cypress, TX

I hope you can use the spiral steps! I can't take credit for them. I found them on line.

The steps are perfect for me. They are each between 5.5 to 6 inch risers. I hold on to both the spa and the sun shelf. I didn't expect the sun shelf to be helpful, but it is. For me, this works better than a single handrail.

I'm surprised how much younger people enjoy them, also. Our PB tells everyone about them when he talks about my pool. He really liked the idea.

I don't know if you plan to have a spa, but if so, check Sunbaby's build thread. Her PB added steps going into their spa which is a cool idea. Since my spa is raised, I just sit on the edge and swing my legs over. But if it were pool level, I would definitely want steps into the spa, also.

Let me know what you end up doing!
Take care!
Suz.

I hope you can use the spiral steps! I can't take credit for them. I found them on line.

The steps are perfect for me. They are each between 5.5 to 6 inch risers. I hold on to both the spa and the sun shelf. I didn't expect the sun shelf to be helpful, but it is. For me, this works better than a single handrail.

I'm surprised how much younger people enjoy them, also. Our PB tells everyone about them when he talks about my pool. He really liked the idea.

I don't know if you plan to have a spa, but if so, check Sunbaby's build thread. Her PB added steps going into their spa which is a cool idea. Since my spa is raised, I just sit on the edge and swing my legs over. But if it were pool level, I would definitely want steps into the spa, also.

Let me know what you end up doing!
Take care!
Suz.

Thank you for the information on the depth of each step. We are planning a spa and it is actually raised like yours. How high is it from the pool deck? Do you find it hard to to stand back up from a sitting position on the edge? We are dealing with bad knees so we want to have as low impact as possible. We are thinking we may need a handrail for the spa if we can't solve for that.

Thank you for the information on the depth of each step. We are planning a spa and it is actually raised like yours. How high is it from the pool deck? Do you find it hard to to stand back up from a sitting position on the edge? We are dealing with bad knees so we want to have as low impact as possible. We are thinking we may need a handrail for the spa if we can't solve for that.

Amanda, our spa ledge is mostly 12" raised with a small part raised 18" which has the small sheer descent falling into the spa. 12" is good; 18" even better. Where our spa is placed in our yard, I would not have liked all of it raised 18". For me it would have looked too obtrusive. If we had placed it at the back, I think it would have worked aesthetically at 18".

I'll send more info in a PM.
Suz.

Suz, how is your pool temp? I saw in another thread your temps were up in the 90s.
Mine was up @ 91 for a while there.
A couple of weeks ago I decided to solve this issue.
I have managed to get mine down to 85 just by scheduling the waterfall to run between 3-6am.
It took a few nights to get this low, but it is bliss to swim in cool water now.
Obviously the cooler the night the more effective it is.
You seem to have enough water features that this would work for you too.

Ozdiver: Thanks! I will try that as soon as I get my pH down a little. My test numbers are a little up and down, but not bad. Also, the water temp hasn't bothered me yet which I'm really surprised. Must be old age creeping in faster than I thought! I've always loved cold water.

I'm going to remember the 3-6am schedule. And one day last week, I woke up and was surprised at the coolness in the air. Thought I was dreaming. But it only lasted a day or so. I think that was the day the pool temp in the morning was 86.

Then this morning I walk outside and it's the usual August sauna. Almost hard to breathe in that humidity! But...... now I have a pool to cool off in!!!!
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the laugh you guys are cracking me up!

My pool builder put in an aerator or some weird contraption on my pool to cool it down. Never heard of one and it seems like a sprinkler for a pool you just turn on to cool off the pool.

Thanks for the laugh you guys are cracking me up!

My pool builder put in an aerator or some weird contraption on my pool to cool it down. Never heard of one and it seems like a sprinkler for a pool you just turn on to cool off the pool.

Ahhhhh, it sounds like he's buttering you up!!! About time!
Suz. (getting my voice back....)

I thought the aerator was the PB's idea since you hadn't heard of it. I don't know where my brain is these days!
Suz.

Suz it was his idea but it was in my plans since the beginning. I didn't realize it was there until I was asking what the pipe going through my tile is for last week. He then told me it was on my plans. All I was clarifying was that it isn't him trying to butter me up because of the recent issues because they put it on the plans months ago even though I didn't know I was getting it. It must be standard on their pools.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.