Another Pool Build in Cypress, TX

Ya'll should jump in! I will remind you that you bathe, drink, wash clothes and do dishes in that water. You might not want to now that you know how green it is! lol!

Kim: First of all, the pump guy is on his way from The Woodlands, so it will be a bit due to traffic.

Patrick: I can't wait to test. I hope to grab some water to test before Pump Guy gets here. I want some baseline numbers.

Marla: Thank you! I missed the post about the zones. I'll have to go back and read it.

Littlegiles: You are so sweet. I'm tired now, which makes me more emotional and sentimental. But just reading that you welled up, made me well up.

I have more replies to write, but Mark, the PB, is here!
Suz.

Suz - that's the best feeling ever!!! I'm so happy for you. I know I'm new and have jumped into all these existing conversations and threads, but it makes me so happy for all of you when everything comes together so beautifully. As someone who is dealing with knee pain at the moment, I understand the water is heaven for you. I welled up reading about you sitting there. BRAVA!!! I hope you have nothing but blissful floaty days ahead this summer. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was time to shut off the water to the pool. All is filled, EXCEPT I noticed the spa is down 3 inches since 6:30 last evening.

I'm not in a panic yet, because I'm hoping it is something simple.

Any thoughts? I hope....
Suz.

Don't panic. Tell the startup guy and they will resolve it. Possibly a leak, but they can detect that for you and will get you all fixed up. Word of caution. DO NOT give them your final payment until you are completely satisfied and everything is fixed to your satisfaction. It's the last bit of leverage you will ever have with them. :)

I can't tell ya'll what all your wonderful comments mean to me. It's lovely to share this with all you lovely people!

Mark was here doing his pump start up thing. He added shock (I was mortified) and MA. But he told me he's my pool boy for the next 30 days. While he did that stuff, I tried to test the water, but I didn't finish - the plain water. Then he wanted to go over the pool remote with me. I'm disappointed my son wasn't here, but Mark said to call him if I had any questions.

He is an extremely patient man! When he turned everything on, the pool came alive! She really does feel like a resort pool with all the water going. I feel a little bad for him. We sat on the bump out bench which has the bubbler for remote training. I could not focus. I swear I reverted back to five years old. I found myself kicking my feet in the water or playing with the bubbler. I didn't really notice what I was doing until I stuck my finger in the middle plume of the bubbler and started giggling. Then I realized I wasn't paying attention. I think I heard him say a few times, can you look at this? And then I'd notice something else and ask him to look at it. Like I said, a very patient man.

Nick didn't get home until close to 2:00 and he wanted to rest. We're supposed to be swimming now, but one of the smoke alarms needs new batteries, and we hate that beeping. No 9 volt batteries here, so we'll get those. Then the inaugural swim! I'll get back later tonight.
Suz.

Suz I so hear you giggling! He had to know that you had to play with everything.

Here is what I want you to do. Write down all of the items the pool remote works on. Tell us what they are with models and such. I bet someone will be able to write out how it works so you can print it out.

FUN TIMES!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Suz, we're in Cypress also and starting to get bids. May I ask whom your PB is and how you decided on them? We used Anthony Sylvan 8 years ago and they're in our shopping list this time around, but looking to make sure we're not missing any other good builders!

Thanks!

Hey guys, everything is ready to begin our new pool! Now we just need a break from the rain. Since January I've been researching like crazy from this forum, other forums, and anywhere or anyone who will answer my questions. I especially love how active this forum is; it's awesome! There's no sign of a pool in our yard yet, but we've completed the prep work. So far we've had the landscaper and paver company out to visit; 2 trees taken down, the patio jack-hammered out, half of the breezeway fence knocked down, the swing-set pulled up, the utilities marked twice due to rains, and the gas line re-routed!

I'm listing my specs in hopes you can give any advice and/or reassurance. I'll also try to post the design picture and diagram.

* 34'6" x 13' to 23'
* 573sq ft; 104ft perimeter
* depth 4' to 7'
* sunshelf 6'4' x about 11' w/ 2 bubblers
* 7' round spa raised 12" and an 18" raised beam w/ a 36" sheer descent and 12 hydro air jets
* 2- 18" columns w/ a 12" raised beam planter w/ a 36" sheer descent between columns
* a bump-out bench deck level w/ a 6" raised beam and bubbler
* a deep end underwater bench
* spiral-like steps that hug the spa w/ low-height risers for my mobility issues
* I'm also hoping to add a narrow walking ledge in the deep end to use for therapy
* Jandy equipment:
* 3- 12v LED color lights, 2 in the pool, 1 in the spa
* 2HP 2speed pump
* 1HP 2speed pump
* an additional spa pump
* CL 580 cartridge
* LX 400K BTU heater
* AquaPure Salt
* Rainbow 320 Inline chlorinator
* Polaris 280
* Aqualink PDA PS8
* travertine coping
* pebble sheen
* deck (size TBD)of Belgard pavers
* Anything else you'd like to know??

This is our first pool, and we're starting pretty late in life. But I've always wanted a pool, and I decided it was long overdue! It is so exciting, and yet I'm a little jittery about all of this. The research for a pool builder and trying to learn what I can has been daunting. I'm the one who has pushed for this, so it's up to me to see it turns out, well hopefully, fabulous! I have this one shot in my life to get it right. Your help and support will be appreciated more than you can imagine!

I hope the attachments worked! We'll count this as my practice round.... Here's the initial design by the PB w/o the changes/additions to the spa, sunshelf, raised beam planter, bump-out bench and spiral type steps. It changed over the weeks as I learned more and found more design ideas. The designer is very patient! Also attached (I hope) is the 2D drawing of the pool with the updated features. I don't have an updated computer-designed picture. Thanks again for your help!!! Suz

You put a big smile on my face. I've been watching this build and haven't commented, but I have enjoyed reading and watching this evolve. I got up at 4am the other morning to see if new pics were posted. I just couldn't wait to see the water. I am so happy to hear your toes are in your beautiful pool!

Congratulations!!!

hrm.....

Suz, I am very, very, very happy for you.....however

We need PICS!

I want to see the Enterprise all full up! I want to see the Azaleas planted, I want to see the sun sparkling across the water as it comes over that gorgeous spillway, I want to see the sparkly in the tiles on the baja shelf, I want to see the shimmer over the pony step! I want to see the entry way with the slope! I want to see....I want to see it all!!!!! I want to know if you love your finish, it took you a while to choose....are you happy with it?

Patrick can wait a day or two on test results (the PB doesn't want you touching anything for 30 days anyway, right?), the rest of us, WE ALL want pics (even if I am the only one pushy enough to say so!)

I hope you sleep well tonight, and have sweet dreams of swimming in that gorgeous oasis you have created in your own back yard! And when you wake up, enjoy your pool, it is all yours, anytime you want it! CONGRATS! So happy for you.

I agree! PICS, PICS, PICS, PICS!!!! After waiting patiently all day long, I finally get home from work, sit down to relax, logged onto TFP and NO PICS?!!! I'm guessing Suz has been taking a much deserved swim in the pool! :) I'm going to make a suggestion here, Suz: Waterproof your phone and take some pics while you're swimming because we need...guess what???...PICS!!! :grin:

Hope you are enjoying the new master piece Suzy. It's been a long journey but we finally made it. My daughter finally got over her little cold and got in the pool the first time since we had it filled. She loves it and the wife got in too for her first time. Hope you are having a great time.. It's so awesome now!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.