Another Pool Build in Cypress, TX

Skip????????? What are you talking about????? I have this page open and have gone back and read it a few time looking at the pics and enjoying the process.

Has Killer come back yet? Poor Killer did big Kahn scare you? Well he scared us too!

THANKS FOR SHARING AND MORE PLEASE!

Kim

You guys are just the best - the absolute greatest! It's been such a crazy day. And I do want to record as much as I can as soon as I can - or I might forget..... Ya'll have become like family which is cool because my family is pretty small now - my sister and my 2 sons. The point is ..... ya'll know what's going on, and I haven't even had time to call my sister today! My son in Oregon said he really didn't want to hear updates - he wants to be surprised when he comes home in August. So I won't be telling him about this. In my awkward way, trying to let you all know how much I appreciate you guys and have come to care about you..... (you can tell it's evening, right? Suz is getting sentimental.)

Since I last posted two different girlfriends came by one after the other. The second one just left. As I type the landscape guys are still here, and I really want them to go!!! But their boss came earlier today and I think you know what hit the fan. They have been working pretty hard since about 10:00. I want to get end of the day pictures before tomorrow, but if they don't leave soon, I won't be able to. We are totally out of Gatorade, and since I don't know when the acid guys will be here, we have to go tonight for a Gatorade run.....

I'll post some more pictures until they leave.

In this photo you can see the guy using a paint roller. He is rolling over the glass tile trim (Shell Beach) to expose the tiles while leaving the pebble plaster between each tiny piece. That's so clever! He just kept going over and over it. I noticed the man assigned to the deep-end bench and 'Suz' or pony step did the same thing. From inside I couldn't see the work on the steps or inside the spa, but I assume they did the same technique on those trim tiles. BTW, I didn't go outside to take pictures. There were too many cords, cables, etc for me to trip over, not to mention the possibility of being in their way. I just took these shots from inside the house. Note to self...... in next lifetime when building a pool, CLEAN the windows I plan to use to take pictures from!!!!! I could have done that during these postponed days. It never entered my mind until today. So if you look carefully, you'll see my filthy windows in places on the pictures.

At this point, the foreman is all finished spraying the pebble plaster. They are all troweling and troweling and doing the spraying/leaf blowing and vacuuming phase. But.... you can see the foreman is reaching for a glob of plaster/pebble. It's only a guess, but it seems he saw a low place that needed more of the plaster. Instead of spraying it, he had some guy come over with a bucket which must have had the last of the plaster mix. The guy shoveled out a glob of it for anyone who needed to fill in a place.

I have only a couple more pictures from this morning. Nick just came in from his run and is ready to go to WalMart (the small neighborhood WM, thank goodness). I drive, he shops! Can't beat that deal, right?

Later,
Suz.

This is so exciting!!!! You describe everything beautifully!

To Marla - no, not the wrong movie. There was a really big guy in an old James Bond movie .... The Spy Who Loved Me!? Can't think of his name. He was built like a tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, we walked towards the car, and I told Nick I was just to tired to make it to the car. And he said he needed to have his cigar. So no Gatorade run tonight. This is one time I hope a crew doesn't come early. I would die if I didn't have cold drinks to offer a crew.

Since we didn't go to WM, I was able to take a few pictures of the second half of today. But I won't load those to the computer until tomorrow. The following pictures are the last of the plaster crew working.

Down to the last 2 crewmen in the deep end. And no, I forgot to watch them get out of the pool! I could kick myself, but didn't even think of it until just this very minute. Someone tell me how they do it!

Getting tired... hit post instead of preview! In the last photo, notice how almost all the cables and cords are gone. These guys are like the ballet in their timing.

They guys are finishing up with the slurry tube. That's Khan on the left.

One last shot of the slurry box - just for fun.

A post plaster shot of the spa. It's a mess, but it looks beautiful to me!

It's only fitting to end tonight with the last picture of my friend, Khan. I wish now I had asked him his name.

Ok.... 9:00 - Suz's beddy-bye time! Rest well everyone, and thanks for everything!
Suz.

Suz, his mysterious aura would burst like a bubble if you knew his real name.
Just let him walk off into the sunset, and remember him for the legend he has become.
Besides, knowing his name was Bob or Bruce would do nothing for the stories you tell while sitting in the spa.

Suz, his mysterious aura would burst like a bubble if you knew his real name.
Just let him walk off into the sunset, and remember him for the legend he has become.
Besides, knowing his name was Bob or Bruce would do nothing for the stories you tell while sitting in the spa.

And you just ended my day with such a nice chuckle. Thanks! You're exactly right.... I was feeling a little sad I hadn't asked his name. This is much better. And knowing me, I'm quite sure the stories will grow and grow depending on the particular night and the particular beverages!!! (not that MY stories ever stray from the facts......)
Suz.

Looks fantastic Suzy. It's been a tough week at the office and ready for a swim. Perhaps tomorrow. I got a little time to play with the iaqualink tonight and learned how the program works pretty much. It looks like a disco at night. :)

Can't wait to see the final results with water. I will have to show you my water pic tomorrow. The color is superb and ur gonna LOVE IT Girl in your pool!!! We could not have picked a better color imho. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This is so exciting!!!! You describe everything beautifully!

To Marla - no, not the wrong movie. There was a really big guy in an old James Bond movie .... The Spy Who Loved Me!? Can't think of his name. He was built like a tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you referring to Jaws, the guy with the silver teeth? Richard Kiel I think was his name.

Wow! What a day! Suz, I am so happy for you I don't know what to do with myself. It looks amazing, and it was so much fun to read, and see all the in process pics. It looks amazing, can't wait for the sun to come up and see more progress! As for the dirt on your windows, lol. You got nothing!

Cafetière = time to catch upon Suz's pool build :D

So pleased that they came and it all seems to have gone well. Hopefully it will be the same when you get your acid wash today <<crosses fingers>>

Hopefully Killer wasn't too traumatised by his experience too! Our ginger cat Hamish used to stay well away during our pool build, but now he is far more chilled. Yesterday he didn't even move off the sofa when one of our pool guys came round to fix the pool light!!

Am hoping you managed to re-stock your cold drinks supply before the crew arrived today! Good luck :cool:

They are here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had rolled out of bed about 6:15 wondering if it was worth the effort. And at 6:20 I heard a big, big truck in front of the house. I had to look twice, but they are really, really, really, here.

They are like a swarm of bees descending on your backyard. After I said good morning and welcome, I told them they were now my favorite people! Those who understood laughed, and those who didn't just looked at me like I must be crazy to be so happy this time of day.

Kim: I immediately went to the front yard where the big truck is and checked the bags. One said white pearl.... my heart sank. A sweet young man explained that Blue Granite is a mix of 3 colors. I hope that's true!!! Or am I getting leftovers???? I swear building a pool makes you question every little thing!

Then I asked about the sea shells. The same young man told me to ask Juan in the back yard. Well........ One man back there looks like a movie image of Genghis Khan - he's huge! He must be 6'4", shoulders as wide as an ox, bald, big mustache that curls down, and a constant scowl on his face. His mouth turns down like Grumpy Cat of YouTube fame. The only thing I didn't see was a big gold earring. So I asked the young man if Juan was - I put my hand up real high and make a grumpy, mad face. He cracked up - I swear, he bent over laughing. He said no, Juan was short. Then I asked him if Khan was in a bad mood or always looks mad. He said always looks mad!

I found Juan, and they do have the shimmering sea shells.

The Gatorade has been transferred from the fridge to the outside cooler with lots of fresh ice! I had to come let you guys know. Now I'm camping in the living room to watch. Oh, I've already taken lots of pictures and will post later.

Wow..... they're really here! Please send positive thoughts that all goes well.
Suz.

Don't laugh - came to check in on you and I see this. Haven't read further, but I'm TEARY-EYED! I'm such a softie! YEA!!! <happy dance!>

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.