Another Pool Build in Cypress, TX

Thanks, Paris.... You've given me the perfect segway to my latest news!

Thank goodness I didn't leave the house to go to Bahama Buck's for my consolation ice cream snow cone!

As I was finishing up the star post, I saw a guy walk by the back door. You've never seen ol Suz move so fast! He was from MMG doing the final inspection for the pebble. The way things have been going, I had decided either someone came and I missed them, or they weren't coming to my pool at all.

He said I am definitely scheduled for Monday!!! Now that's the best news, because that comes directly from the plaster company! His name was Luiz, and he was the nicest man. He took several pictures and wrote quite a bit down on his clipboard. I don't know if that's good or bad. He went over much of the process and was surprised I knew as much as I did. I showed him the place of the two skinny wires, and he said the patch job looked good. Then..... he looked about 12" down the steps from that spot and immediately saw 2 more! I can't believe it, because I had done what Ascew (I think) had suggested to go around and place tape on any others. I didn't see them at all. They were almost hidden by gunite and maybe an eighth of an inch showed. Luiz has very keen eyes!! He went to his truck, came back, and hammered them out and put something on them, but don't ask me what. He said they were on his report but that I should tell the plaster crew when they are ready to plaster (not the pre-plaster prep crew). Boy, they have this procedure well choreographed, I tell ya'. I told him about the low spot in the shallow end, and he could see where it was worn as he called it. He took a picture of that too. Luiz told me not to worry about the tiny wires, because they put a thick layer of pebble on it. He said they will make sure to be careful in those 2 places. I really believe he meant it. He said what really worried them is any rebar too near the gunite surface. Also, he said he would try to be the supervisor who comes with the plaster crew. I think that's what he was telling me.

So, I know it's a little thing, but it doesn't take much for me to hang my hat on!

So party is ON for Monnnnnn-day!!!!! :party: :party: :party:

What if I had left the house for that snow cone! Oh my goodness. That will teach me about my ice cream addiction. For a while, anyway.....

Suz. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Woohoo Suz! Bring it on! Pebble on Monday! Pebble on Monday!

What about your lunch on Monday? Are you canceling?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Paris, was so excited for Suz that I forgot to say how fabulous your pool looks! Love love love those shells! I have been taking copious notes just in case and those are on my list!

Yes, Marla, I cancelled it. It's actually for dinner, but that really doesn't make a difference in this case. We'll just go to a restaurant like always. I'll have to pass if I have the afternoon plaster schedule. I'll be too tired and plastered. Lol!!! There is still one teacher teaching. She will start back probably mid August, so we will have a get together before that and do it at my house for sure. It's nice, because we all live very close together. The hardest part of getting together is the scheduling. Two of the five are very busy grandmothers - one raising her 8 yo grandson, and the other who babysits her 2 grandchildren - one also 8 and the other 10 days old. But we will make it happen!

Suz.

Truly, I'm much better company here on the forum than in real life. And I look much better here, too. Lol!!!!
Suz.
I'm really late to this party but I couldn't help but to think of Brad Paisley's song Online which was a MySpace parody song some might recall.
All is looking great by the way! I'm not from Texas but I do like your deck star. Good luck with the patience this weekend!

I'm really late to this party but I couldn't help but to think of Brad Paisley's song Online which was a MySpace parody song some might recall.
All is looking great by the way! I'm not from Texas but I do like your deck star. Good luck with the patience this weekend!

I had to look up the song and saw a YouTube video of it (with William Shatner and the actor from Seinfeld). I don't know if that's the one you meant, but it was great. From what I said, it seems like I had seen it already. Honestly I never heard of it, but it sure fits me! "I'm so much cooler Online"! I'm on par with the character on Seinfeld - can't think of his name or the actor's. Oh well, the truth is out!

LOVE the star! It is just the color is should be to really stand out!!! as it should!

Paris---------how pretty those bowls are! NICE!

Suz you are getting plastered on Monday!!!!!!!! OH YEAH! :cheers:

Did he put something over the new wires like was done of the others? I can't help but keep seeing the other pool with the patch from the tiny wire the cut back and just plastered over so.......

What luck you did NOT go anywhere! WOW!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Paris: the palm tree is beautiful! Do they have Mountain Laurel trees or specialize only in tropical trees?

It seems like your pool is filling up quickly! Or maybe I've lost track of time! Is it too early to tell about the color?
Suz.

Paris. I'm SO excited for you!!! I can't believe that I'm this excited for someone else's pools, but I am!!!

Suz - that star. I haven't had any regrets until now. I see your star and I wish I would have pot one in my beach entry. I LOVE it! And FRESH PT guys Monday?!?! Heck yeah!!!

Paris, it looks great! Congrats! I am dying to see it full up with water! Can you borrow a neighbors hose?

Suz, I understand what you mean about wanting the star to fade, but in the meantime... Bold, loud and Proud! It is great both ways!

so excited for you both!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.