Another Pool Build in Cypress, TX

Hey Paris, yes - a little more progress on stone selection. We went to MSI today. You're right! It's definitely the best of tile and stone places. Beautiful displays - really gave me a better feel for what I want. They're more difficult about samples, but I think I can manage with the info I have. Unlike QDI, they do offer mini-sized travertine pavers. So now, I need to contact our landscaper to see his quote for the pavers. We'll probably stay with Belgrade due to pricing.

Have you been to this site - Aquatic Glass Mosaics? The woman makes mosaics for pools from Lightstreams glass! So beautiful. I'm going to order a small one - probably a turtle. Our son has been wanting something for the pool, and I like these much better. You can choose which glass you want to use. The girl said it takes about 4 weeks. If we don't get it in time, I'll install it somewhere on the patio. Thought I'd share in case you haven't seen the site.

I sent my tentative order to Brian this morning. I agree, they are super! And I like dealing with David or Brian rather than a different person each time I call. When I started, I only needed 11 sq ft which they had in stock of Peacock. But I couldn't stop there... Brian said it will take about 4 weeks. (maybe the turtle will make it in time, after all!) So I'll finalize everything and make payment in the morning.

Have you had the post gunite clean up yet? It's fun to share ideas and excitement, so thanks! Suz.

Oh, oh, oh....!!!! I'm sorry! I got lazy. I tried to figure out how to do a link, but it didn't work. You're right, Kim, these are beautiful and worthy of the time to post!
lightstreams mosaic turtle.jpg

This turtle is my favorite! All of her work is gorgeous! I'll try to post some more of what I did today - a little coloring, and it looks like kindergarten! Thanks for kickin' my lazy %$#@!!! Suz

I've been having bad luck with posting pictures. If I do more than one in one post, I seem to lose the entire post. It may have something to do with our power fluctuating since the storms, or I'm taking too long, and my sign-in is timed out. Anyway.... I'm going to try posting one picture at a time and see how that works.

This next is my diagram I emailed to LightStreams for my order and to get their suggestions. It's a little primitive, but it helped me keep straight in my head the other materials I needed to shop for at the stone place today. Although it looks childish, I thought it might help someone else who is like me and has a hard time visualizing stuff. (bless their poor souls if they struggle with that like I do!!).

BTW Kim, I think you were one of the people who helped in my tile hunt earlier in this thread. Well,,, I decided with the help of others and looking at other pool builds that I would stay with a neutral tile (close to my coping) for the main pool body waterline. Since I'm dressing up with the glass tile, I wanted to make sure it could be seen - keep down the clutter somewhat. Feel free to chime in if you think I'm now off the track! Take care! Suz.

20150427_192413.jpg

Last of drawing and coloring for show and tell tonight. Mostly this is about avoiding housework and chores!!! Again, I did this in hopes to see if the glass was sprinkled around the pool as I thought in my mind. I sure hope the real thing looks better than this drawing!! You guys have a great evening. Sun forecasted for the rest of the week here in the Houston area!!!! Yay! Suz.

20150428_202032.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh My..... that mosaic takes my breath away! How absolutely exquisite!! Your pool is breath-taking, also! Who designed your mosaic and pool? Is this a new pool build, or is it completed? I noticed your join date was a year and a half ago. What part of the country do you live? I'll check and see if I can find your build thread. Your materials (tiles and stones, etc) are also beautiful. Well, I know which pool I will be dreaming about tonight!!! It's not the one above with the kiddy drawings! LOL!!! Thank you sooo much for sharing your mosaic and pool. This is a treat! Take care! Suz.

Wait a minute, MartinKennedy!!!! I know your build thread! I believe I read it IN DETAIL on a different forum. I thought it looked familiar. I don't remember seeing the mosaic without the water. And honestly, with your pool and surroundings, I could look at it many times over and still see something different. Your pool build thread is like reading a lovely fairy tale for bedtime. (sorry to gush, but that's sincere regarding your pool). I don't remember, did your pool make it to a magazine? Thanks again for sharing! And happy swimming! Suz.

Suz,

I LOVE that turtle! Even my husband who shakes his head at my girly love of sparkle liked it! That dragonfly idea for the side? YES!

I like your idea to help make the sparkle pop. If you do too much sparkle/color it would not make them pop as much.

I like the way you are going about it with the drawings. That would be something I would do. I need to see it on paper. GREAT job!

Kim

Thanks, Kim. I know, aren't the mosaics wonderful! Nice to know someone else needs the paper visual.

Are you guys able to swim yet? Just when I think we're having enough warm days to warm up pool water, we get a chilly night. It's 53 this morning in Cypress. I'm ready to get back into our friend's pool even if ours isn't finished.

Have a great day! Suz.

Wait a minute, MartinKennedy!!!! I know your build thread! I believe I read it IN DETAIL on a different forum. I thought it looked familiar. I don't remember seeing the mosaic without the water. And honestly, with your pool and surroundings, I could look at it many times over and still see something different. Your pool build thread is like reading a lovely fairy tale for bedtime. (sorry to gush, but that's sincere regarding your pool). I don't remember, did your pool make it to a magazine? Thanks again for sharing! And happy swimming! Suz.

I just wanted to share, I don't want to hijack your thread. The mosaics that you are looking at are more colorful than mine. The build was documented in this forum also "new build in south Texas'. We live in Brownsville, Texas. Yes it did make a magazine locally. Our builder was South Texas pools and they contracted the commission of the design out of Mexico.
Keep the pictures coming. Even after building our dream, my wife and I are always checking out the forums for information and to look at the new builds

I think I added something to your thread on the other forum. Now I can't remember what!!!! Water on the brain! I finally ordered the glass tile and now the wait begins for real. I felt more patient when I hadn't selected everything, but now that I have, I want things to start rolling.

Now I remember.... You posted that you had plumbing and electrical completed. That is so great! There was a clean up crew here on Thursday to do a little cleaning around the pool - pulling up the wood forms, evening out the terrain around the bond beam, etc. It does look better. But do you know what the deal is with the big dirt mound the PB's leave? I've seen them on most threads, but I keep forgetting to ask the PB. Since ours is right outside our back door and contributes to the pond at the back door, I wish that hill would disappear.

As soon as the backyard was a bit better, the landscape designer came out to take more measurements. She said she's doing the landscape design for a new pool owner in Conroe. That wouldn't be you, would it Paris? That would be wild.

I haven't heard when I am to get plumbing and electrical. I guess there's no hurry for me. Have you received your glass tile??? Now that you have the plumbing and electrical, what is your next step??? Please post pictures!! Especially when the tile comes in. If I can't get mine soon, I might as well get to enjoy yours in pictures!

I did finally settle on my waterline tile, split face stone, and coping. I could post pictures, but everyone would laugh!!! Why? Because it took me about 2-3 weeks to select and end up with beige everything (except for the Peacock LightStreams). Friends tease me when I go wild with paint color from a light taupe to a darker taupe. Oh well....

Oh, and we ordered 2 of the LightStreams baby turtle mosaics. At least I emailed the girl with my order. She still hasn't replied to take payment, so if it is going to take too long, I may scrap that. But I sure do love those mosaics. Did you order anything from there? Keep us updated!! Suzy.

I honestly don't know what's next for me but I do know the glass should be shipping soon - this week I imagine.
I told Kelly that I would be ordering my pavers for the retaining wall behind the pool and gathering up a list of materials for another contractor to do his work. I did not order any additional glass objects as I did not want to make it too busy :)

I have a sprinkler issues at the moment and my landscaper is supposed to come this week for fixing and re-routes.
That landscaper person you talk about was not talking about me as I have my own guy.

Take care and I will more pics soon.
P.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.