Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Good Afternoon all,

I have read a couple of other threads regarding this similar issue. I believe I need to replace my T-5 cell. But, I'd like some confirmation from the guru's here before going down that financial rabbit hole

I had my SWG installed back in June 2018, so the cell is coming up on 5 years old. I have NOT had my SWG panel on a timer. It has power 24 hours a day, and with the flow switch, only "generates" when there is flow. However, since I changed my pump and filter a few months back, I have had steady Inspect Cell and Check Salt lights. I noticed that when the pump was not running, the No Flow light never came on, so I have since replaced it as well. When I do a reset with the diagnostics button, everything runs normal for the duration of the pump cycle. Here are my current readings and results as of today. Additionally,
I did not notice any scale buildup on the fins of the cell when I checked during installation of the new pump and filter.

Aquarite w/ T15
Panel S/N: 3A17306-106037
T15 Cell S/N: 3E17306-204244

Readings w/ pump not running:
Salt Reading: 1700
Temp: 62
Voltage: 32.5
Amps: 0.00
Output: 26%
Instant Salinity: 0
Program Code: AL-1
Circuit Board Version: r1.59

Readings after reset, while running:
Salt Reading: 3200
Temp: 66
Voltage: 26.8
Amps: 5.61
Output: 26%
Instant Salinity: -3100
Program Code: AL-1
Circuit Board Version: r1.59

Water Results

FC: 1
CC: 0
pH: 7.8
TA: 80
CH: 300
CYA: 50
Salt: 3000
Temp: 66
CSI: -.015

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Erik

To estimate the performance of the Aquarite cell, divide the instant salinity reading by the actual salinity. If the performance is less than 75%, the cell is failing and it's time to consider replacing the cell. You need to be sure about the actual salinity by using a salt test like the Taylor K-1766.

Check the instant salinity reading and then cycle power to reverse polarity and recheck the instant salinity reading. The numbers should be about the same +/- 200 ppm.

You can get the age of the cell from the serial number. It will be 3Exx, where xx is the year it was made.

Thank you for the info. Quick question.

Since I installed the SWG in 2018, I have never powered off the panel. I've just let the flow switch do the work. And, in the past, the flow switch light will come on shortly after the pump stops running.

Now, the flow switch light doe not come on at all. And I have changed the flow switch out. Could this also be contributing to this issue?

I will get a timer and put it on today and report back.

Thanks again! @mknauss & @JamesW

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.