Another in Texas - Cypress

It looks like cast iron from the pics. And that would make sense that it would rust with a little rain. It should really be stainless and brass in our climate. Here's a picture of what they are using for mine.

e35d0ad25449cdd3a099c9b5af72f198-1.jpg

They're cast iron. If they heavy castings it will be a l o n g time before it has any affect on performance. I'd be more concerned on whether or not your fire pit has a drain of some sort. You don't want it filling up with rain water.

They're cast iron. If they heavy castings it will be a l o n g time before it has any affect on performance. I'd be more concerned on whether or not your fire pit has a drain of some sort. You don't want it filling up with rain water.

I'm pretty sure it has something because we've had rain a few times and I've never seen any standing water in it at all. I can't visibly see where it is though. Is there a way to test it? Maybe besides pouring a bucket of water in and seeing where it goes. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow am I ever behind! With posting updates and checking in all the builds. We have a ton going on and coming up. Our foreign exchange students have all started arriving and our German daughter gets here on Wednesday so we've been doing orientations, swimming, more orientations, a little pool party, lol. Now orientations are done and our student program has officially started. Our spray deck is starting on Monday, our interior floors on Tuesday, and our German daughter arrives Wednesday so it will be a crazy week! I'll post some pictures and details soon but for now a question.

Our PB was giving us the Aqua Duramax Jr TRC robot cleaner but one of her clients is having issues so now she's looking at alternatives and asked if I had any in mind. I need robot recommendations in that price range ($1100-1300) please!! Any thoughts?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I love our Dolphin. It's a M400. No idea how that compares to the other model mentioned - but we love it! Just toss it in and hit the power button and in a couple hours it stops. I reverse the handles each time I get it out - our builder said that would prevent it from getting in a "rut" of a pattern, or something. Honestly I don't know, but we love it! :) I've yet to manually vacuum the pool. And we also just got our spray deck done and let me tell you - that dust was a MESS! Thank goodness for the robot.

I have the m500 and I like it a lot. The filters are removed from the top and are super easy to clean. I just drop Mr. Robot into the pool, push the button and in about 2 or 2.5 hours he's done. The only hard part is hauling him out of the water. He also comes with a caddy, but maybe all Dolphins do.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you install an outlet close to your pool?

I love our Dolphin. It's a M400. No idea how that compares to the other model mentioned - but we love it! Just toss it in and hit the power button and in a couple hours it stops. I reverse the handles each time I get it out - our builder said that would prevent it from getting in a "rut" of a pattern, or something. Honestly I don't know, but we love it! :) I've yet to manually vacuum the pool. And we also just got our spray deck done and let me tell you - that dust was a MESS! Thank goodness for the robot.
. They are doing that tomorrow and we can't use the vacuum yet. [emoji37] Not looking forward to that since we're still stepping on loose pebble. Can't use the manual yet either because it has wheels.

I have the m500 and I like it a lot. The filters are removed from the top and are super easy to clean. I just drop Mr. Robot into the pool, push the button and in about 2 or 2.5 hours he's done. The only hard part is hauling him out of the water. He also comes with a caddy, but maybe all Dolphins do.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you install an outlet close to your pool?
. We have one on the covered patio. I'm hoping it's close enough. [emoji51]. I think it will be. We have one on the back side of the bond beam if not but I'd rather not have to plug it in over there.

See the video HERE

For those with the M and Z series its pretty easy to see the improvements that were made.

Thanks, we'll take a look.

I bought a Dolphin Triton Plus on Amazon Warehouse Deals for $ 592.00

The first time I took it out of the water, some debris fell back. Then I figured out the right way to get it out without anything spilling out.

It does not have a remote and I dont think I would have used it in any case. It will be easier to just use the pole & net to pick up anything - though I must say, the pool is so clean that the remote is a moot point.

I also brush the steps / benches for a few minutes (about 1 hour before using the robot) - so all the debris falls to the main floor level for the robot to pick up.

The first couple of times, I felt that the acess to filters underneath was a pain. Saw a couple of videos on how to flip the robot as you take it out of the pool. So, thats not an issue either.

I figured I would go cheap for the first robot and then fill the gaps with the next one. As of now, I would buy this same one again and again. Glad I did not spend the money for the infloor cleaning system.

We told her out PB we wanted the S300i after doing a little more research but I think we'd be just as happy with the M500. Since it's already in the contract price we figured we'd go ahead with the bells and whistles.

PB was out this morning with his son adding in our missing umbrella sleeves before the spray deck crew got there.
I need design advice!! They power washed and prepped the deck yesterday and today they are putting down the texture. We changed from the all over pattern to regular spray deck with laterals and existing patio with pattern. This but I'm making the laterals bigger. The laterals will have the Random Stone Pattern and Texas Wheat for the main color with Arizona Sand for the "grout". The rest of the spray deck will be Traditional Tan. I was worried there wouldn't be enough contrast on that but the owner at Innovative assured me it would look good and there would be contrast. It will be done in spray deck though so like this but with random stone instead of flagstone pattern.

We're also adding a shape of Texas. That's where I need help! Should the Texas be when you walk out of the pool, or the existing patio, or... Which direction do you think it would look better or make more sense?

Updating with some pictures of the area...
The shadows were making it difficult to get a good picture.

I'd go with TX off of the existing patio. That is where everyone will see it from first. Otherwise, they will say, what's that? Oh, from over here it's Texas.

Kind of thinking that corner to the right when you walk onto the new concrete, but that could be where the pattern is, so that may not work. Bmoreswim always knows best, I'd go with his plan, and your pool is absolutely stunning!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.