Another in Texas - Cypress

Walmart and Home Depots are both out of umbrellas and said they are getting rid of the last of their stock. Trying to check Target and Lowe's too. Nooo! I was hoping to have at least one today. The others I can get online. If you don't have them yet and want to go to the store for them you should start shopping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TM, did you check Academy?

- - - Updated - - -
Mosaic 9 Round Steel Market Umbrella | Academy

Academy has great umbrellas currently on sale at $25 apiece. I bought 2 a couple of weeks back. Now waiting for the pool to be completed so I can use them.
G

Oh doi! There is a brand new Academy practically walking distance from me but I'm not used to it and it didn't even cross my mind. We'll check there tomorrow! I did buy a larger high quality one from Target that is a tilt and crank for $89.99 (the cheapest Target had. Lowe's didn't have any of the colors we wanted left. Did get some of the plastic Adirondack chairs there though. 3 adult sized and 2 for the kids and a new outdoor pillow.

I bought ours at Target 2 weeks ago. They were low at that point as well. Your pool turned out great. The blue plaster looks like it gave it a little more pop

Thanks Tommy! Agreed! I think the deep sea blue without modification would have been a little too gray for our tastes in the shade.

Walmart and Home Depots are both out of umbrellas and said they are getting rid of the last of their stock. Trying to check Target and Lowe's too. Nooo! I was hoping to have at least one today. The others I can get online. If you don't have them yet and want to go to the store for them you should start shopping!

Do you have an At Home near you? They have a ton and such a good price!

I think it's supposed to be twice a day for two weeks or so.

Not looking forward to that part either. Lol. I'll be making hubby do it and probably finding some smaller brushes so the kids can "help".

We had our first casualty. [emoji85] I was going to relent and swim when I saw it but without any circulation or tools to fish it out with I don't feel comfortable going in. Hubby laughed at me and will probably just fish it out with his hands. [emoji37]

Had been finding very small frogs in pool every day and I have the screened cage. Don't know how they're getting in unless they are getting though the overflow in skimmer tied in to the french drains. I corked it yesterday and today was first day without any casualties.

Had been finding very small frogs in pool every day and I have the screened cage. Don't know how they're getting in unless they are getting though the overflow in skimmer tied in to the french drains. I corked it yesterday and today was first day without any casualties.

I put the frog log in my Amazon cart. It has great reviews but I keep wondering how they're able to find it. Lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I put the frog log in my Amazon cart. It has great reviews but I keep wondering how they're able to find it. Lol

You would be surprised how much a frog can move around your pool. I had one alive in mine and was trying to catch it with my skimmer pole and it was tough. Took me 15 minutes. I would hope they would come across it.

I tried the frog log earlier this year and it didn't help much. Once those little frogs found the pool there were just too many and they didn't really need the frog log to get out of the pool (if they tried).

That's beautiful! Yeah, here I don't think it matters. I suspect pools with even white plaster are pretty warm right now. Will the water feature help cool the water? We did the base plaster from Indigo Blue with the stones and rocks from Deep Sea Blue so I'm hoping the lighter plaster may help a little.
We ordered the 4 piece Pool Cooler from MistCooling.com (Pool Cooler Special Offer) and it has helped keep the pool water temps down at least 2 to 3 degrees (non-scientific testing) whenever we run consistently overnight (mostly on the weekends) at the second highest pump speed which is 3,000 RPMs. We are testing two of them and will test a third one next weekend. Since we don't have any built-in water features (beyond the 3 bubblers on the tanning ledge) that can catch any air/wind these are a welcome (and easy) addition.

Sorry! It's been crazy and I was trying to catch up on other threads before updating. I'll update later and need some help with my test results but for now, here are those pictures! . Wet Edge says pumps need to run a full 48 hours before adding chlorine so we just added some today. Added 70 ounces and only have FC .5 several hours later. ☹️ I'll post all my test levels as soon as I get a chance.

Beautiful. Based on lots of reading in the chemistry section (trying to get my head around it, I'm an engineer so it has attracted my attention and I must now learn everything there is to know) you're going to consume lots of FC for a bit as you will have some growth from the 72 hours with nothing. Expect to add 2-3 times what pool math calls for to raise the levels until you get up to 2-3 ppm especially if your CYA levels are low as would be expected for new water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.