Another in Texas - Cypress

Hmm... I hadn't even thought about it. I don't have it in that drawing but there will also be another step to get on the shelf.

13bb04659c95095a4aa3d5f5332dc109-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perhaps move the "shelf step" over close to the other steps? then add something like this...

100_8357JPG-1.jpg

I don't know that I need it full time yet and I'm hoping the pool will make me stronger. I'd prefer to go the discreet route when the time comes but I think I'll manage without on that for now. I'm not likely to be swimming alone so I'll be able to get a hand for assistance on the first step and the coping or shelf will work for the others.

Btw..... You need to update your signature to, "Sunshelf w/ 3 bubblers and TM steps!"

Your hard work really paid off!! Now, will you tell us what you think? How does the family feel about it?

Oh, and I'm singing the 'go away rain' song for you. It's not looking good this evening... :-(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We had her do a few very minor tweaks but mostly that's the design. I don't have it back yet so I'll post along with what when I do.

The weather is really depressing me today!! Lol. I'm ready to do a happy dance not go dancing in the rain! This weather is NOT looking good. She said we'd get staked out tomorrow morning regardless of rain tomorrow morning though so we shall see. The dig is for Tuesday and not Monday (I pretty much expected that) but with the weather...

Stepdad, hubby, and son just moved the play set out of the way, and we have the cameras hooked up to record the build.

Okay, final specs came in. Here we go! Stakeout tomorrow is weather permitting. I'm nervous. Is that normal? Lol

Hard to believe it's less than 14,000 gallons with those dimensions but other than the depth (3.5'-5') she says it's all accurate.

Wow! This is great!

Sure! I was nervous before the dig. I guess it's like opening day of the season or opening night of a play. You've been researching and preparing. Now it's really going to happen (weather permitting). Yay!!

It's going to be fabulous! TM, you really pulled it together.
Enjoy each moment!
Suz

Oh TM!! I. LOVE. IT. !!!! It looks amazing and perfect! It has all the elements of a GORGEOUS and very functional pool. You did an outstanding job!!! This one really IS the very best one!!! Kinda like trying on wedding dresses- they are all pretty but you KNOW when it's THE ONE! You nailed it!

About the rain percentages.... I see just as much chance of it NOT raining! Praying for you!

TM I see a big problem! That skimmer marked 2nd skimmer is at the table and where people will be sitting! You do NOT want bodies to block the skimmer. I would have them move it over so it is not by the seating for the table.

Kim:cat:

I like it, although let me warn you that 5'2" spacing between the pool and the house wall will feel like about 2' when you are walking along there in the afternoon and the hot Texas sun is heating up the west side of the house.

Ike

p.s. Kimkats, I agree about the less than ideal skimmer 2 position, but don't see a better alternative. I would also like to see skimmer 1 and the light switched for prevailing off season winds, but see why you may not want to do that either as it would leave the light pointed at the house.

Also any details on the equipment yet, or do you just have the general list in the above text (what size and model filter, etc.)?

Agree with Isaac - the 5'2" is ok as a walkway but that furniture shown may not be possible.

Will light near skimmer 1 be facing the 'swim lane'?

I think skimmer 2 is fine...the amount of time someone will be actually sitting at that table area will be very marginal for the skimmer to become non functional. Besides, you can also sit there and push leaves into the skimmer :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.