Another in Texas - Cypress

Whew!!!! They fixed that in a hurry!!!! Oh my, it all looks beautiful!!!! Their steps are a work of art!! It's all looking great!!!

Wait a minute..... is hubby certified for such responsibility???????? I don't know - I'm a little nervous now. Our head supervisor just left her job site! Hurry back!!!!!

Suz

More pics of my boys faces after school seeing different stages. I can't wait until 3:30 when they see the gunite!!
Finished for today! I don't think we'll get any more action until after inspection and they get paid a draw. PB goes on vacation the 8th and I think they just wanted to get us to gunite before they left because of all the rain. I'm hoping some more gets done before but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, that looks fabulous! The work looks much cleaner than the company which did mine. I love how the table bench swoops around in front of the sun shelf - such a great look! I'm not very good at visualizing from plans to real life.... I love your design!

Suz

WOW! That looks like a work of art! You did an awesome job with the design! Two of my favorite things about is:

-The bench like Suz says! The drawing did not do it justice at all. Your gunite people need a HUGE tip of the hat over that one!

-the steps! I love the curves and size. They did a good job "fixing" them. Again the gunite people need a tip of the hat!

TM you did a great job picking out your people!

Now do something for me. Go look at it with "mom eyes", is there ANYthing your boys could fall on and get hurt? I see they curved the rebar. That is awesome! Did they do every one?

Those pictures of the boys are adorable! The look on the workers face behind them---so sweet! He was enjoying them being so happy!

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks everyone! I couldn't have done the design changes without all the help and influence from you so thank you tons!!

And Mom eyes saw quite a bit, and then Dad's foot stepped on a nail in the grass that punctured his foot. We're kind of on lock down until they do the clean up. Will they use a metal detector or anything to make sure they get all the nails?

On a side question, how old are the boys, I think you mentioned it at one point in this thread, but I don't remember? As to the nails you might want to grab one of these from Harbor Freight
30 Magnetic Sweeper with Wheels We bought one a few years back after having the house re-roofed, last year we loaned it to my wife's sister who had just finished a remodeling project and just in pushing it from the backdoor of the house to the car to take it over it picked up a couple of pointed screws and a couple of washers in the grass by the driveway. (they also make narrower / cheaper ones)

Ike

p.s. if you want to barrow ours let me know I can probably get it close enough for you to easily pick it up from my sister in laws house, by maybe this weekend, my nearly 13 year old niece is doing the 2 week over here, and 2 weeks over there thing between her mother's house in Cypress and her father's house in Louisiana for the summer.

On a side question, how old are the boys, I think you mentioned it at one point in this thread, but I don't remember? As to the nails you might want to grab one of these from Harbor Freight
30 Magnetic Sweeper with Wheels We bought one a few years back after having the house re-roofed, last year we loaned it to my wife's sister who had just finished a remodeling project and just in pushing it from the backdoor of the house to the car to take it over it picked up a couple of pointed screws and a couple of washers in the grass by the driveway. (they also make narrower / cheaper ones)

Ike

p.s. if you want to barrow ours let me know I can probably get it close enough for you to easily pick it up from my sister in laws house, by maybe this weekend, my nearly 13 year old niece is doing the 2 week over here, and 2 weeks over there thing between her mother's house in Cypress and her father's house in Louisiana for the summer.

They'll be 7 this August.

Ike, that would be awesome if we could borrow it! I'll PM you.

As to the nails you might want to grab one of these from Harbor Freight
30 Magnetic Sweeper with Wheels We bought one a few years back after having the house re-roofed, last year we loaned it to my wife's sister who had just finished a remodeling project and just in pushing it from the backdoor of the house to the car to take it over it picked up a couple of pointed screws and a couple of washers in the grass by the driveway. (they also make narrower

This is a good idea...especially for areas like mine surrounded by new construction and my home and pool being new too. Relatively inexpensive too. I think I will buy one...

We need one of these to also catch mosquitoes - the other thing that pokes and stings ;)

Somehow I don't think Pickle (this dog of mine) is going to be so willing to jump right in when there is water in the pool. Just the word "bath" makes her run like the hounds are on her tail. She sure jumped in today. We spent a little time showing it off to my brother and bonding today even though we didn't have to water it.
That is some nasty looking water filling our weep holes and in the deep end too. Yuck. Any ideas why it's practically glowing it's so neon (though it doesn't show that way in the photos)? We also got our first dead frog but I'll spare you a picture. It was stuck to the concrete. ☹️

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.