Another DFW Pool Build... Mansfield

The new flagstone was well worth the wait. As so many have said about waiting during the pool build, I laugh now at my worries over waiting an extra week or so. I'm not any less happy because we waited on some things, and so much happier that we did! I would have been sorry now if we rushed. At the time, it seemed like a difficult decision. Ahhhhhhhh...... impatience!

You're fortunate in that from the pictures the stone looks good either way - wetted down or not. But I know on my deck, all the stone patterns and variations show up so much better after a rain.

Great job!
Suz.

Well tomorrow is finally the day!! PLASTER!!!!! About a month late but at least it's really happening this time... Only concern is there is rain in the forecast starting sometime Thursday... About 60% and 100%?on Friday. Acid wash will be Wednesday so I don't think pool will be full by rain on Thursday.... Any suggestions? Borrow a neighbors water hose as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plaster is done and acid washed.... Hoses are in!!!
9a454a52964e7262a18be163e7122499.jpg

Well it's full.... It's not 20K gallons like the plan showed... More like 17k maybe a little over. Did my numbers this morning.... "Pool School" will hopefully be later today.... As pumps are off still. They will supply the pole, brush, net so I don't have a way to agitate the water right now. Here are the numbers this morning

FC- 5
PH- 8.2 or higher
CH- 150
TA- 90
CYA- 0

We are expecting heavy rain fall starting some time today and through out the weekend... So hopefully we can get this going ASAP!

If pool school can't happen today I will just go buy a pole... I bought a brush already... I know I need to get some acid in there.

6603858bd107f713627e6e27d11e92a4.jpg

9dd0167841738694da825ae32977074b.jpg

It's looking great! And from seeing previous photos of the Wet Edge Antigua in other builds, your color will be amazing. I'm not sure if us mentioned it before, but what kind of finish do you have in your decking? I looks like concrete, with a little more interest, but I can't tell for sure. I like it.

Thanks Jamie... Yeah the color is a little green right now... But seeing other builds with this plaster it will change once we get some Chems in it and some circulation. They are due to come in the morning...
The deck is Sundek... It's a base color then three other colors to give it a bit of an aggregate look.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The deck is Sundek... It's a base color then three other colors to give it a bit of an aggregate look.

No wonder it looks so nice! I like the regular Sundek type products, but the added aggregate really makes it look more natural and interesting. I'll have to look into that.

I wanted to add... Do you know which company did the Sundek? I'm not far from you so might look them up. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.