Another CYA Thread - Sorry...

Aug 16, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello. I have been lurking around for a few weeks reading all I can. I think I know my answer, just don't like it and would like some opinions.

My numbers tonight are:
4ppm FC
2ppm CC
8.0 PH
190 ppm TA
400 ppm CH
200+ CYA

Since reading I have stopped using the pucks (obviously)...and switched to liquid bleach (about 2 weeks ago). I have drained a bit a few times, but my well is unable to fill it back up, the CYA level has not changed.

I do have green algae showing up here and there and have to brush it every few days.

My guess is I need to drain this pool almost all the way down and have new water trucked in.

I realize I caused this myself after reading about how the CYA increases. The "pool store" tells me to just shock it and or replace the water.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and guidance.

I can post pictures tomorrow if it helps.

Do you have one of the two recommended test kits? It’s be unwise to make any adjustments based off pool store test results.

Yes. Yes. Sounds like you have a good understanding of your problem, what caused it, and how you need to deal with it.

Lots of good people here willing to help.

Best wishes!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.