And another XPS AGP question thread...

May 20, 2015
Staten Island, NY
Hey everyone. Was a long time lurker many years ago when I moved into a house with an AGP. Learned a great deal about how to take care of a pool from this forum and different filtering methods. Fast forward many years later. I am a home-owner who just purchased an 8'x12' AGP pool for our small backyard. It is going on freshly laid and leveled concrete slab. Already purchased a gorilla pad and cove for it. Now comes the fun. I'd like to ask the pool installer to put in XPS foam board underneath the gorilla pad.

What is a the general consensus on the thickness of board for AGP. Seeing a lot of threads for 3/4" and some folks go for 1". I was thinking 1.25" to 1.5" as the price difference is only $25 more for my smaller pool size. Also, do you think a pro pool installer would even entertain the idea of taping/laying down this for me, obviously for the price of the labor.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Gary

Hey Garz !!!
It is going on freshly laid and leveled concrete slab.
Level for a patio, or level for a pool ? The patio kinda level has a slight slope which makes the pool too far out of level. You might get lucky with such a small pad, but check this first if it wasn't specified when you ordered it.

Awesome !!! You'd be surprised how much this comes up. Hang tight for some Above grounders for foam thoughts. :)

Reactions: the_garz
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.