amcnulty in East Tennessee

Seems to be a new adventure everyday! After getting the breaker replaced yesterday (we changed both...breaker for the light as well as the pump). Decided today was as good as any to get the pump and filter going. Filled the basket part of the pump with water, made sure skimmer valve was open, made sure the gasket on the basket lid was good to go, turned the multi-port valve to rinse (there's no air valve on top of filter), pump started right up, whew! However, couldn't get it to prime for anything. I grabbed a towel made sure everything was dry. (While filling up the basket part I dropped the hose and sprayed everything including myself!) Glad no one was there to witness it lol! I did find a few leaks in the pvc lines as well as a steady drip from under the pump. So, I'm thinking new gaskets possibly on the filter? I must say, I'm really just relieved the pump actually turned over. I don't know the last time it was turned on or ran. If anyone has any other thoughts or ideas I look forward to them!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, as well as fixing the leaks in the pvc joints.

No video...thank goodness and yes it will be worth it! My kids already think they're mermaids. They are dying to dive in!!

So test kit came in today!! A day early whoot whoot!
If...I did everything right (husband said jokingly "we would need a degree in chemistry to work this kit")
Also, this is without pump and filter running.

Levels are as follows FC = 4
CC = came up clear
Ph = 8
Alk = 90
CH = 120
and I think 0.0 for saturation index

Yeah for test kits! My husband loves to watch me to the tests!

I do not see CYA. That is the hardest test and very subjective. Search for a video to help you do it.

Lower your PH using muratic acid. Make sure to use Pool Math

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Where are you on fixing the filter/pump. If it is not one thing it is another when owning a house AND a pool that is for sure!

Kim

Gasket kit was purchased and installed however, no gasket kit in the world will solve the 8" crack running along the bottom of the pump housing! Three days of fighting with it not priming...Thursday no luck, Friday bought gaskets and disassembled it today just to find the crack. Off to the pool store again tomorrow!! I see the light through the tunnel though... we are almost there!

We are going to see if they have a replacement pump housing. The bottom of it has a crack running the entire length of it :(. We thought about ordering one online..however, other than putting bleach and stabilizer in we haven't been able to cycle the water at all. So we are hoping they've got one in stock so we don't have to wait a week for one to be shipped. I worry it'll turn back to a swamp before we get it going lol! This morning we found a frog had laid eggs in it last night. So we went out tonight and found some frogs in it! They were evicted (said in a cheesy 80's action movie voice).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Great idea with the straw broom. I've been trying to move the water around a bit with my leaf net...that only seems to move the surface though! A new housing has been ordered through ebay today (much cheaper and quicker than the pool store)! It should get here in less than 4 days...lets hope!

We are moving forward once again! We've had a very productive weekend. The replacement pump housing came in Thursday evening... However, we couldn't install it (not for lack of trying lol). The PVC that ran from the filter to the pump didn't match what we had picked up at Lowes. The old stuff was really thick, so our new lines wouldn't connect. So Friday ran to Lowes picked up PVC to replace the lines. Connected housing and pump and Whaalaaa we were moving water! Yeah!! We've been running the pump since Friday.

I've tested the water levels. They are at....
CC = 0ppm
FC = 1ppm
PH = 7.8
TA =100
CYA = 40ppm
CH =110 ppm

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.