Am I on the right track??

i think if you silicone them shut it would hold air and that may work but would require more weight to keep down...

What a pain, indeed! I'm stumped. My pops a plumber. I'm going to see if he has any suggestions. I'll ask him if silicone would do the trick!

On a positive note, I can make out the bottom of the pool! Even after all that algae escaped the ladder yesterday!! Just gave the sides a good scrub and will be vacuuming in a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would probably work great... fill with sand and make sure it is 100% water tight with the silicone... to test, put into pool, if you see anywhere air is escaping you would have to plug that hole with silicone... once no air is escaping you should have it sealed... then put the weights on the outside and you should be good...

Sounds good anyway :)

either way, sealed completely or holes to allow water will work I would think.. I would try to seal it first and if you cant, go with holes to allow water flow...

I would say fill the holes with liquid insulating foam. You just spray it right in the holes. Not sure if I can link to other websites, but look up "GREAT STUFF Insulating foam". Its 4 bucks a bottle. You can spray it down into the holes and I assure you it will most likely seal it. Spray enough that it is coming out the ends. Then trim off the ends and make sure you have a little room left for some silicone. To ensure a seal, you could put some silicone on top of the foam.... It is foam however, so you would need some heavy weights. It is very lightweight so Im not sure how well it would float. I would say concrete in a bleach bottle would do the trick. One on each side. If you end up using concrete, make sure it's out of the way of the poor kids feet when they're getting in and out, don't want them kicking that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This is when you take a picture of your brush in the pool (not steps as you have taken them out). Make how far it is out of the water when you can see it. Hopefully each day it will be deeper in the pool each day so you can "measure" your progress.

Foam in the ladder is to stop it up so no water can get in and grow algae. That stuff "grows" and fills small areas. It will ooze into every place. If it oozes out you can just cut it off with a sharp knife.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.