Am I doing this right-FAS-DPD

FoolOfATook

Jul 10, 2023
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey guys! First time using a FAS-DPD kit and I am just wanting to make sure im doing this correctly- I did the powder amd moved on to the titrate, the instructions say the solution will turn clear, however this is as clear as I was able to get my solution (picture attached). Is this as clear as it will go? It is still a bit tinted and not as clear as the starting water. At this point I stopped adding drops and moved on to the CC test. Following that, I did a second test to see if I stopped too early and my FC was actually higher but adding more titrate drops actually turned my test water more pink. I rinsed my tube and got new water between tests. Is this the color the solution should be when it’s “clear”? has anyone else had this happen?

Attachments

• A6C4C472-4038-48FC-83AE-5249D39B5190.jpeg
    A6C4C472-4038-48FC-83AE-5249D39B5190.jpeg
    383.5 KB · Views: 9
You are doing fine. If you get to the end point and let it sit for a bit, it will turn pink again. The solution is to "keep up the pace." By that I mean add a drop, swirl, add a drop swirl, add a drop swirl. Don't wait too long in between adding a drop, swirling and adding the next drop. Bit of a dance to hold the bottle vertical and allow the drop to drop under its own weight, AND then quickly swirl, look, add a drop. A speed stir really helps with this test...it does the swirling for you and the change is instant and obvious.

Hope this helps. Practice a couple times, you'll get it.

Clean your tubes out with rubbing alcohol or a bit of bleach every once in a while too. Clean tubes help the testing be accurate...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.