Alternatives to the AquaLumin III no-niche type pool light.

hlharrod

May 28, 2022
Hamburg, AR
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello guys,

(For starters, this question is not about the pool I have listed in my profile.. just fyi lol)

I was wondering if anyone knew of any alternatives (preferably LED) to the AquaLumin III no-niche type pool light (made by Pentair if I’m not mistaking)? For anyone not familiar with this particular pool light, the outer frame and glass globe looks very similar (in size and overall look) to the older classic incandescent pool lights with deep canisters and changing the bulbs in those lights are extremely easy, as you just unscrew the one screw in the front face plate, pull the entire canister out of the pool wall, and sit it on a the ground to change out the bulb. Anyway, the AquaLumin III light I’m inquiring about is like those lights, except, they have no canister, eliminating the need for a niche to house the body of the light in order for the light and face plate to be flush against the pool wall.

The particular pool I’m dealing with has 2 of these AquaLumin III lights. There is only one small hole in the vinyl liner and panel behind the center of the lights that the electrical wire is fed through. A round metal bracket is mounted on the pool wall around that wire that the 2-3” thick (give or take a little) luminaire secures to with a single screw. To give an example, it’s sort of the like the new canless recessed lights they are putting in homes now that replaced the older can recessed lights.

Now to what I’m needing help with.. I’m looking for an alternative to this AquaLumin III, that doesn’t require any modification to the existing hole in the vinyl liner or panel in which the electrical wire is fed through. I’m trying to find a light that doesn’t use the high wattage T-3 type bulb (because these bulbs get hot, do not last very long, and use quite a bit of electricity) but is still bright. What other reputable lights are available that can be surface mounted in an in-ground vinyl liner pool?

I’m posting a pic of the lights information that’s located on the back of the housing to provide more information about the light I’m currently looking to find an alternative for.

Thanks in advance for any advice and info!

-Hayden L. Harrod

Attachments

• A8ACD56B-3503-488E-A7DF-F5E44B528898.jpeg
    A8ACD56B-3503-488E-A7DF-F5E44B528898.jpeg
    590.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 651FEF4C-D2EE-493C-947E-19884CF245E7.jpeg
    651FEF4C-D2EE-493C-947E-19884CF245E7.jpeg
    516.5 KB · Views: 0
Hello guys,

(For starters, this question is not about the pool I have listed in my profile.. just fyi lol)

I was wondering if anyone knew of any alternatives (preferably LED) to the AquaLumin III no-niche type pool light (made by Pentair if I’m not mistaking)? For anyone not familiar with this particular pool light, the outer frame and glass globe looks very similar (in size and overall look) to the older classic incandescent pool lights with deep canisters and changing the bulbs in those lights are extremely easy, as you just unscrew the one screw in the front face plate, pull the entire canister out of the pool wall, and sit it on a the ground to change out the bulb. Anyway, the AquaLumin III light I’m inquiring about is like those lights, except, they have no canister, eliminating the need for a niche to house the body of the light in order for the light and face plate to be flush against the pool wall.

The particular pool I’m dealing with has 2 of these AquaLumin III lights. There is only one small hole in the vinyl liner and panel behind the center of the lights that the electrical wire is fed through. A round metal bracket is mounted on the pool wall around that wire that the 2-3” thick (give or take a little) luminaire secures to with a single screw. To give an example, it’s sort of the like the new canless recessed lights they are putting in homes now that replaced the older can recessed lights.

Now to what I’m needing help with.. I’m looking for an alternative to this AquaLumin III, that doesn’t require any modification to the existing hole in the vinyl liner or panel in which the electrical wire is fed through. I’m trying to find a light that doesn’t use the high wattage T-3 type bulb (because these bulbs get hot, do not last very long, and use quite a bit of electricity) but is still bright. What other reputable lights are available that can be surface mounted in an in-ground vinyl liner pool?

I’m posting a pic of the lights information that’s located on the back of the housing to provide more information about the light I’m currently looking to find an alternative for.

Thanks in advance for any advice and info!

-Hayden L. Harrod
May work, give them a call: