All is well, but a little cloudy

From what I've read I think it's a matter of filter time. Keep your FC up to your SLAM level and let the filter get it clear. I know it's agonizing but it is what it is. POP. Pool Owner Patience. ��
Ewwww! I was afraid of that! The kids were sooo excited to swim yesterday, I reluctantly let them swim, since the chlorine wasn't at SLAM level anymore. So, I should bring the chlorine up to SLAM level? Or can I leave it at 10? When you guys (and gals) say "clear" you mean clear-like-mamas-best-crystal-wine-glasses clear, right?

Ewwww! I was afraid of that! The kids were sooo excited to swim yesterday, I reluctantly let them swim, since the chlorine wasn't at SLAM level anymore. So, I should bring the chlorine up to SLAM level? Or can I leave it at 10? When you guys (and gals) say "clear" you mean clear-like-mamas-best-crystal-wine-glasses clear, right?

Yep clear like the finest crystal wine glass lol. I'd bring it up to SLAM level also. Remember the three criteria.
1 Water is crystal clear.
2 CC of 0.5 or less.
3 Pass the OCLT.

It's totally a filtration issue, what, without knowing precise numbers for lack of the FAS-DPD test.
Without that kit, technically you should be keeping it at shock levels till the water is clear, but honestly that gets pretty stupid expensive with an Intex filter, as I have seek it take a week to clear a cloudy pool.

These Intex filters are notoriously AWFUL! I know 1st hand. :/ Had to put up with non-crystal clear water as my niece lived in the pool this last month, as there was no time for the filter to catch up all the way each day between swims.
I feel for you!

Go track down, locally, a small bag of cellulose d.e. alternative filtration powder, and add it to your cartridge filter as I detailed in my previous post. This will dramatically speed things up. :D

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

It's totally a filtration issue, what, without knowing precise numbers for lack of the FAS-DPD test.
Without that kit, technically you should be keeping it at shock levels till the water is clear, but honestly that gets pretty stupid expensive with an Intex filter, as I have seek it take a week to clear a cloudy pool.

These Intex filters are notoriously AWFUL! I know 1st hand. :/ Had to put up with non-crystal clear water as my niece lived in the pool this last month, as there was no time for the filter to catch up all the way each day between swims.
I feel for you!

Go track down, locally, a small bag of cellulose d.e. alternative filtration powder, and add it to your cartridge filter as I detailed in my previous post. This will dramatically speed things up. :D

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

OK, so the pool is looking pretty clear....still not "crys-tall" clear though...so, onward we go! I read through your post on the cellulose alternative, but I don't have a skimmer. I could just put it in the cylinder that my cartridge filter is housed in, but we don't have a skimmer to add it to. We did take your advise on the knee highs...we have seen a HUGE improvement, just doing that! Did you say that you keep the knee highs on all the time, even while you aren't SLAMming?

Oh, as an aside.....dummy me...I'm looking at my test kit and actually reading the detailed instructions and come to find out, I am able to get higher chlorine readings by diluting the sample and multiplying the number. Sooooo, I did just that and what-do-you-know...my chlorine was at 15, should be at 24 for SLAMming, so we added as much chlorine as I had this morning and will check the level and add more tonight. So glad to have found that little tid-bit in the instructions...so dumb of me not to see it before now, could have saved me a lot of guessing! (I know our chlorine was higher than that until a couple of days ago when I felt like the cloudiness was from my TA and pH being funky...I stopped adding the chlorine...anyhoo, good news is now I know how to more accurately test for chlorine levels higher than 10 and that will help!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.