Lexington, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Our 21,000 gal. gunite SWG pool was replastered and filled on May 15. Florida Stucco quartz finish was used. PB used a no drain acid wash to cure the pool for 10 days per manufacturer. We have brushed 2 to 3x a day since. Finish is looking good and we are now at the point of balancing the pool to get it ready to swim. Of course battling a high PH and now adding about 1/2 gallon of acid each day to keep the pool PH on low range of normal. My question is about alkalinity. Of course at this point we are using Tri-Chlor pucks to slowly add a little chlorine. No salt for at least 30 days. So should we use SWG range for alkalinity or Chlorine numbers?? Pool is still a little cloudy even with 24 hour filtering. Alkalinity is only number not in a good range. We have been adding baking soda to up the numbers. Could that be causing the cloudiness or is it still plater dust?? Is it safe to swim in?? Any other glaring problems?? I am using NPC 28 day startup at this point and consider today as day 3. Jack's Magic blue was added at acid wash and again on Day 1 of rebalancing. CYA is supposed to be added on day 4. Test numbers are coming from my TF-100 kit, but I also run by the pool store because I still don't trust myself.:rolleyes:

CYA--0
CL-- 1
PH--7.2
ALK--60
CH--300

Hey Scope! I wouldn't worry as much about your alkalinity as your low CL level. The problem is with the pucks is that they also add CYA to your water. I'd stop immediately using the pucks, read Pool School button above. I would trust your test results over the pool stores any day of the week. Trust yourself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.