Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’ve got everything in balance to ideal levels

FC 3
PH 7.6
CYA 40

I see the max as 90 and ideal as 60-80. Should I worry about bringing that down? I'm not sure if Muriatic Acid can go bad, but I've already done the suggested amounts twice and saw minimal adjustments to the TA. Just curious if it's worth the trouble or what issue might come up if I don't do it now.

ss,

As long as you are not having an issue with your pH, then I would not worry about your TA.

That said, reducing TA is a process that takes me a couple days dosing every few hours. It is not a dump MA in and get instant results thing.

I think you are running your FC too low.. It should be between 5 and 7 ppm. You should try to always maintain your target FC or higher. I try never to get near my minimum.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: ss32000
ss,

As long as you are not having an issue with your pH, then I would not worry about your TA.

That said, reducing TA is a process that takes me a couple days dosing every few hours. It is not a dump MA in and get instant results thing.

I think you are running your FC too low.. It should be between 5 and 7 ppm. You should try to always maintain your target FC or higher. I try never to get near my minimum.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yeah I did a dose to take it up to 7. I work from home so I'll be retesting here later today. I appreciate the advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.