Algae re-entering pool while vaccuming

I think the filter/pump is hooked up backwards. Can you post a pic of your filter, pump and connections?

I can but it isn't backward the hoses go from the intake to the pump then from the pump to the in port on the filter then from the out on the filtwr to the in on the SWG then to the pool return. Im thinking the algae particles just become too small when vacuumed up and the sand can't filter it

I checked out the spider gasket and it looks fine no sign of any knicks or teas and it was all lined up in its grooves. Is there a possibility of the sand not being right. I bought pool filter sand from a pool store but that doesn't always mean they sold me the right thing. I told them I was looking for #20 silica sand and the bag said pure silica sand but didn't have any number info on it. The name of the sand was Southern something.

Ok will do.. I did some searching on Google and came across alot of sites saying that I should be vacuuming the algae straight to waste instead of through the sand because sometimes it is too small to catch and that is what a few people have told me that I have talked to earlier this morning. I konw that sand filters don't catch particles as small as cartridge filters so maybe that is the problem.

Two years ago I had algae I shocked the pool and continued to keep the chlorine level high for about 10 days did not have time to vacuum the particles until 10 days later. I have a cartridge filter and when I vacuumed I had the same problem a dark cloud coming through the return. At the time i believed the particles were to small to be stopped by the filter. I ended up draining the pool and re filling. I still use same filter from then and no problems so I do believe you can overkill the algea

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.