algae in infinity pool basin

roberte37

May 12, 2022
captain cook HI
this greenish film/dirt forming on bottom of trough. I have been brushing it off and running trough booster pump (second pump we have that increases flow to the trough and back to filter) to clear from trough. Usually comes back enough to easily see by the end of a week. Have a pentair SCG and had been keeping the Cl level at about 3 ppm. I bumped up the frequency of generation from 40% to 60% to see if a higher chlorine level might help. We have alot of rain this time of year and live in a rural area. wondering if I should put some Calcium hypochlorite in the trough and let sit a while to kill algae better there before recirculating with rest of pool? Looking for some ideas. This only started becoming more noticeable the last couple of months. the pool will be three years old in November. Thanks.

How do you test your chemical levels? We're big here about self-testing using a proper test kit.
3ppm FC is quite low, but without knowing your CYA level, it's hard to say.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.