Algae from filtration problem?

To follow up on that, plain unscented bleach is good

Avoid any bleach that has any additional ingredients, this includes not only scented bleach, but also ones that have thickeners sold as No splash, and detergents sold as Outdoor Bleach.

Until you have a CYA value you can trust, there is little that can be done to help you estimate the amounts of bleach you will use to reach shock levels. Even when the CYA is known, the amount needed to hold that level is not known because a lot of the variables that drive that are too hard or too complex to test and evaluate. The truth is you put in the amount needed as often as you can measure and you hold it there as best you can until the water passes all the shock process criteria.

- Sent using Tapatalk

Hello all,

Well, the blind squirrel found a nut. While waiting for my test kit, I just kept adding chlorine. Probably wasted some money there, but my pool is no longer green. Now it's a nice blue, though a little cloudy.

I have now received my kit and here are my numbers:

FC .5
CC .5
PH 7.4 (according to the pool store, my kit color thingie looks lower than that)
TA 65 (6 drops made it pink, 7 drops made it a pretty good red)
CH 250
CYA 28

I have just added several pucks to help with chlorine and the CYA. Should the cloudiness resolve/filter out, or do I need to do something there? What other suggestions?

Thanks again for getting me on the right track.

Ruby

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.