Warrington , Pa
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Zodiac LM3-15
Im having trouble getting my pool clean. It’s been 2 months with constant pump running. After continually shocking it, everything settles to the bottom and then I try and manually vacuum it and it all comes right back into the pool through the returns, and my pool is green again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m not entirely familiar with any of the pool lingo. We have had our pool for 10 years and have never had this issue. Just to add, my filter is a jandy cartridge filter.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Here at this forum, to kill & remove algae we follow the SLAM Process. To do so you must have a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit. Also, you may need some time - a few days to a week or so. Will you be closing soon?

Reactions: Mdragger88
Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Here at this forum, to kill & remove algae we follow the SLAM Process. To do so you must have a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit. Also, you may need some time - a few days to a week or so. Will you be closing soon?
Hoping to close as soon as this clears up. Live in PA and it’s getting cold.

Im having trouble getting my pool clean. It’s been 2 months with constant pump running. After continually shocking it, everything settles to the bottom and then I try and manually vacuum it and it all comes right back into the pool through the returns, and my pool is green again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m not entirely familiar with any of the pool lingo. We have had our pool for 10 years and have never had this issue. Just to add, my filter is a jandy cartridge filter.
I'm not an expert like most people on here, but it seems to me you should be vacuuming "to waste" ie when vacuuming, instead of recirculating the water back into your pool through your returns, the water should be sent out into your your yard/a hose etc. There are lots of topics on here and videos on YT about "vacuuming to waste".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.