Algae Assistance & slamming

I will hopefully be able to get in and get more samples and pics. also what is a good salt level for the pool. My buddy has one of these although he does not use a test kit and not the most reliable on the subject but states that he puts enough salt in the pool to smell and taste salty... although I'm not going to be drinking pool water just wondering.

TFP is about measuring and dosing carefully and correctly. Your buddies method is beyond hope but I am glad it works (for now) for him.

Your salt cell should have a suggested level. Use pool math to calc the dosage.

e1f1bd347fdb13f722be7848d4045657.jpg
2c6de476ffdc0d64867efd4c13483d82.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That is what all on the bottom of your pool? Thanks for coin pic. They are smaller than I thought.

Squishy and smell bad? When you squish it what comes from the inside? Is it solid like jelly or does it seem to have "parts"?

Eggs? Seed pods?

It does not look like any algae I have seen BUT I have not seen alot so...........

oh does it dry out if you leave it in the sun?

When you vacuum/net them out do they come back?

Sorry for more questions. I am just trying to see if someone can figure it out.

Kim

Ok I think I solved the mystery gang ( Scooby Doo pun intended) 1.) when I squeezed one of those they disentagrate. 2.0 No worries on the Questions thats how you solve problems and possibly find out something that you missed. 3.) I did vacuum the pool to day with out sweeping and they came right up. An while sweeping the pool I felt something hit me in the head and lo and behold the only thing i seen was that green pod. An so the mystery is that they are falling from a oak tree beside my pool. An just over the course of the night they filled the bottom of the pool, an once they get wet for just a few minutes boom the seperate and turn green. Thats why I thought it was algae because whatelse normally do you find in the pool green other that algae. On the brightside did a FC, CC and a CYA
fc 2.8 ppm
cc .4 ppm
cya 55 ppm

Also I do want to thankyou guys for all the help. I did learn alot and still alot more to learn.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.