Algae and high CYA HELP!!!

Your daily dose will vary day to day depending on pool use and conditions. Your test kit and the pool calculator will never steer you wrong! My work schedule varies so I usually try to add my liquid chlorine first thing in the morning or when I get home in the afternoon or early evening. I enjoy sparkling water all season long! If you lose more than 2-3 ppm chlorine overnight take notice. This is usually an indication something is up. Watch carefully and SLAM if necessary. I'm confident you will "master" this in no time and will be shaking your head and hopefully helping other pool owners that "don't have a clue". Welcome to the club. Enjoy the water!!

You'll find out that once you get the CYA Stabilized, you might not need to test it very often. I test mine about once a month, or after a heavy rain or if I have lots of water replenishment. (kids splashing water out, etc.....) You'll get a feel for this. Chlorine level and PH is generally a daily requirement. You don't want to lose control of these. Some days if I'm in a hurry and I've been adding about the same amount all week, I'll skip testing some days and just add what I added the day before. Don't do this too many days in a row! The other tests TA, etc..... I can do weekly. You'll find your own comfort level and understanding of your pool as you go along. One of our very respected Moderators Richard320 has a saying:

"Troublefree does not mean Maintenance free. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars."

Maintenance is every day, you get out of it what you put in!

1. When you add Chlorine do you add it in the am or pm?
2. Do you add to reach your max chlorine level or somewhere in between min and max FC levels?

Even though I have a SWG, ( I'm still dialing it in) I add my chlorine in the evening if I need to. As for the level, I shoot for 3 ppm above minimum. It depends on what you are loosing each day. You want to be at or above minimum the next time you test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.