Algae and cloudy water

You should lower your pH to 7.2 before starting the SLAM. This is important bc chlorine works better at lower pH. You can still lower it now. Assume your pH is still 7.6. Add enough acid to bring it down to 7.2.

Is your pool clearing up?
Ok. The pool is not clearing up at all. The installer says they will be here Friday, and I hope that to be so. It has been so frustrating. I normally open the pool early in the season and the water is hardly dirty. Remove the usual debris and in a week it is crystal clear. Because of the replacement we let it go and now we have this. I am still treating, but it has been hard.

Ok. The pool is not clearing up at all. The installer says they will be here Friday, and I hope that to be so. It has been so frustrating. I normally open the pool early in the season and the water is hardly dirty. Remove the usual debris and in a week it is crystal clear. Because of the replacement we let it go and now we have this. I am still treating, but it has been hard.
As frustrating as it is, don't get discouraged! We've all been in your situation...well at least most of us! That's how a lot of us ended up on this board. Stick with the process. It'll be so satisfying when you get it crystal clear in a week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.