[Alexa] iAqualink Skill- is it working for you?

peril

LifeTime Supporter
May 20, 2012
Allen, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I have an iaqualink - works fine on the web app / phone; it is a fine vintage program from Jandy - . (For those of you who don't have it - it's pretty much identifcal to the RS8 interface on the Jandy Handheld. )

So, until the past week or so, now getting a message that it's not able to connect to the server - I suspect the skill itself broke.) although it does auth to the zodiac site fine.

Just no controls being exposed - deleted and readded - anyone else seeing this?

--Adrian

Zodiac screwed something up recently with accounts. You can try unlinking and link account again it might work.

I confirmed that they screwed something up. Seems to be the way to fix it is to click the change/forgot password button, change your password, then login to everything again. For me that is the computer browser interface, the phone app and the Alexa skill (disable and reenable the Alexa skill to change the password). If you leave out any of those, they will not work and eventually you won't be able to login unless you change your password again. I don't know what the window is but this is the 2nd time I have seen this behavior. Calling them is useless as their tech support has really gone downhill.

Reactions: peril
ACK - I checked today and it's working fine - I'm sure they were doing an upgrade. I left a mean note on the alexa skill.

Just got iAqualink set up this past week and Alexa cannot discover devices.

Tried from multiple phones, echo dot also. Disabled and re-enabled skill twice.

Not sure if my Wi-Fi set up is impacting discovery. Never was an issue with any other Alexa enabled device though…

All same subnet just different routers in a Ubiquiti UniFi setup. Didn’t see any settings that seemed obvious to impact the discovery. Isolation is off.

Just got iAqualink set up this past week and Alexa cannot discover devices.

Tried from multiple phones, echo dot also. Disabled and re-enabled skill twice.

Not sure if my Wi-Fi set up is impacting discovery. Never was an issue with any other Alexa enabled device though…

All same subnet just different routers in a Ubiquiti UniFi setup. Didn’t see any settings that seemed obvious to impact the discovery. Isolation is off.

The skill "discovers" the devices via the Aqualink link. It doesn't care about the WiFi network. As long as you can reach Aqualink via the web app and your Alexa is online, you should find your devices. I believe all I ever had was the light and the heater. You are connecting to the skill with the same password as the website/app, right? Try logging out of everything and disable the Alexa skill. Then login just to the computer browser website and change the password. Then re-enable the skill with the new password.

One thing is I will warn you away from the Alexa BS. Alexa tends to default things to "on" after a power outage. I have woken up to my pool light being on several times. I also have woken up to the heater on. In fact, all of my "funny" issues with Aqualink started right around the time I enabled the Alexa skill. I have it disabled now and even changed my password after I disabled it to prevent Alexa from doing her own thing with the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Skill restored on 4.26 with new app version as well
The new Alexa skill version? I tried reinstalling Alexa app, removing and re-adding the iAquaLink skill twice today and still can’t discover devices for me… this is from the Alexa app on iOS.

Any additional steps you took? Or did it just work?