Albany, NY new liner replacement

Jun 5, 2012
Hi,

Previously my pool is leaking water, and then we hired the leak detector helped patched the liner, but now it is leaking again. We are going to replace the new liner and this is first time we are replacing our pool new liner (We bought the house already have pool there, so we are not the first owner of the pool). We got quote from couple builders. They are similar quote. GLI 28mil ($3600), Latham 27mil(original is $3900, but they have July promotion and will do for $3600), and Merlin 27mil($3700). The below are what they will do.

Could you let me know what should i ask them to include or what i need or missed? Also which brand should i pick? They are similar price and just brand different.

-Drain the pool for you.
-Remove the liner from the pool and dispose of it for you.
-Evaluate the wall and floor to see if any repairs need to be done. Minor touch ups of the bottom surface are included, but wall foam and any major resurfacing is extra.
-Install the liner
-Standard fixtures, including the skimmer, returns, and main drain, will get new seals and face plates.
-Fill the pool with water supplied by you. If you wish to have water delivered, we can arrange the time with the delivery company, but we do not include the cost of the water itself in any estimates.

What kind and long is their warranty?

Have you done a reference check on any of the installers? Go see the pool if possible and ask them "would you have them do the work again?"

Let us know what happens!

Kim:kim:

One thing we did was have them do a line pressure test to check for leaks because we were losing water. The lines were fine but we did find a cut in our liner when they took it out and that was the where the leak was coming from. But we didn't know that at the time. So we were glad we had them test the lines just in case. It's an easy thing for them to do. Just an idea for you.

Congrats on the new liner. Post a picture when you get it filled. We love photos! And there is a thread where we all have been posting photos of liners with their names so that we have pics for others looking at new liners. Good luck!
Sherry

Ask them about their warranty. Write down the the details so we can compare them.

Ask them for referrals in your area. This is a big chunk of change so you want to make sure they are on the up and up.

Kim:kim:

Just talked to the builders. The Merlin is 20 years prorated warranty only cover seam separation. The Latham is 5 year full, 15 year pro-rated warranty against manufacturer defects. I believe they both not include the installation and only liner itself.

I think i will go for Latham. It is from local pool store and they are easy to call. Plus they do answer google review immediately.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, we talked to the store and they said the strips are custom made come with the steps, so they can't replace it. I don't think it is true, but i can't prove it.

Also my skimmer is missed the face plate cover. I think this is the one i have "Hayward SP1085F White Snap on Face Plate Cover". The store said they don't carry the cover plate, and they only replace the skimmer screw plate and ask me to use the old one myself. I told them the contractors already threw away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.