Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
I've noticed lately that I'm getting air at top of DE filter (releasing gauge valve lets out air for several seconds). This is with pump running at 2000rpm. It is off at night, but if I release in AM, there's air before end of cycle. I haven't had the issues in the past. Only things I've done recently:
1. Taken apart and cleaned grids.
2. Changed gauge and valve.
3. Switched to SWG.

If I had a leak, wouldn't water be leaking somewhere?

If I had a leak, wouldn't water be leaking somewhere?
Not necessarily. A small suction-side leak can suck air and not leak water. And it can be hard to find.

It sounds like the recent work you did was all on the pressure side, so you probably didn't break anything. :)

When I had the same issue a while back, accumulating air in the filter, I was unable to locate the suction-side leak. It was just too small to show up in the usual tests. So I started throwing parts at it, cheapest first. I got lucky; the first part I replaced was the see-through pump lid, and that did the trick. I could not see a crack in the lid, but it was there somewhere. I'm not saying this is for sure your problem, but suggest that you start looking at the suction side, starting at the pump and working your way back.

Reactions: tcat
I'm thinking it may be one of the valves from drain or skimmer into the pump. If I turn the drain one, lots of fine air swirl around the basket. It also takes LOTS if force to turn. My goal is to replace both with one 3 way Hayward or Jandy. I'm just lazy since it's not causing major issues.

Discovered air issue, leaky multiport valve. Noticed it blew a gasket this morning when I notice my water level down 2". All repaired (decided to change whole valve since I had one), will see if there's air tomorrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.