Merrick/NY (Long Island)
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I've got air in my pump basket. It's driving me crazy because I can't pinpoint the source. When the system is in recirc mode there is air but it's very slow to build up. When I put it in filter mode it fills with air much faster. Any advice on how to pinpoint the leak? It has to be on the suction side right? Why would it be worse when in filter mode? I'm running at pretty low speed so I don't think the air is being carried out in recirc mode.

Id appreciate any help troubleshooting.

Thanks

Ron

Attachments

• PXL_20230515_154517288.jpg
    PXL_20230515_154517288.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
It has to be on the suction side right?
Generally speaking - yes. Below is the link to our suction side leak page. However, VSPs are known to accumulate a little air in the pump pot on low rpms. That is somewhat normal. As such, VSP owners ramp-up the rpms once a day or so to purge any trapped air.

In some cases, a dirty filter can cause some water restriction in the system resulting in a bit of trapped air in the pump pot as well. This could be why you observe a difference between filter and recirculation modes.

So you have a couple things to consider other than just a suction side leak itself. Try each of them and let us know ow it goes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.