Air Flow Switch Error - Starite Heater

Tfpb4101

Oct 16, 2023
Las Vegas, NV
I have a service heater light turn on when I turn on my starite max therm 400 heater. The blower will kick on but the heater does not fire. The control board is only showing an AFS light as far as error codes go.

When I jump the AFS wires, bypassing the switch, it fires right up. If I remove what I believe is the intake air hose for the switch, and blow in it, I can get it to fire.

The blower appears to be pulling a lot of air, and will create suction on my hand, but I really have no frame of reference.

Does this sound like an actual switch issue, or is it likely a weak blower or something else? Thanks in advance.

I have a service heater light turn on when I turn on my starite max therm 400 heater. The blower will kick on but the heater does not fire. The control board is only showing an AFS light as far as error codes go.

When I jump the AFS wires, bypassing the switch, it fires right up. If I remove what I believe is the intake air hose for the switch, and blow in it, I can get it to fire.

The blower appears to be pulling a lot of air, and will create suction on my hand, but I really have no frame of reference.

Does this sound like an actual switch issue, or is it likely a weak blower or something else? Thanks in advance.
How old is the heater? Have you checked for rodent damage to the hoses leading from the blower orifice to the AFS?

How old is the heater? Have you checked for rodent damage to the hoses leading from the blower orifice to the AFS?
I imagine it's original to the house so around 15 years old probably.
The hoses all appear to be clear and free of any obstruction.

Also, the attached picture is what it looks like when looking down the exhaust. I don't think there's any water in there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231016-174034_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20231016-174034_Video Player.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 5
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.