Air Bubbles in Pump Filter & Gurgling Returns

gregfl2001

Silver Supporter
May 20, 2013
Chico, CA
Hi all!

I've got some bubbles coming primarily out of one pool return, and noticed some air inside the pump filter basket area. I recently repaired a leak with the main pump seal and changed out all of the gaskets, but this issue was occurring prior to that change. I can't find any leaks in any of the equipment, but I do notice a gurgling noise coming from the top of the Pentair Clean & Clear filter housing. I can hear it well where the release valve is on top of the unit. Could air be sucking in there causing my issue, or is it more likely that it's coming from/before the pump and getting pushed into the filter housing?

My equipment is about 1.5 years old (newer pool) and I'm running the Pentair Intelliflo VSF and Clean & Clear 520.

Thanks!
Greg

Check the seal on your skimmer basket. If not sealed up good, hand tightened bolts, it can grab air.

You can proove this by using a hose with running water and take it up squirting the pump from ground up. Once you get it on the pump seal and the bubbles in the basket -stop it shows that you're getting water into the skimmer.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.