Air Blower Popping Off

bob98b3

Jul 21, 2023
Atlanta GA
We recently had a pool installed and had some issues with the builder. We have gotten everything worked out but I noticed the other day when I turned the Air Blower on for the Spa that nothing came out. I could hear it running so went over to check and the blower itself popped off the pipe. I'm assuming it needs more force at the start to force any water out of the pipe and then it can blow the air. So I turned it off, put it back on, and then turned the blower back on but I had to hold it on the PVC pipe so it didn't blow off again. After about 30 seconds it was running fine and I could remove my hand. But it doesn't seem like I should have to be manually involved when turning the Blower on!

So what do I need to do so this doesn't happen again? I'm hesitant to use PVC glue because it will make it harder to remove in the future without cutting the pipe off when it needs service or to be replaced. I have attached a picture of the unit and where it connects to the PVC. The grey coupling is glued to the white PVC pipe. It's everything above the coupling that will jump off when turned on.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2023-09-09_14-52-41_465.jpeg
    2023-09-09_14-52-41_465.jpeg
    452.4 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to TFP.

What model spa blower is that?

You have a bracket on the side of the blower that should be secured to a 2X4 cemented into the ground to support the spa blower and its pipe.

The grey coupling is a required check valve to keep water from backflowing into the blower.

Spa blower.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.